the 'ring 2007

Neo_VR

Removing my name from the list guys as there is no way I can justify two trips away next year and going back to Czech is more appealing to me. The only way is if we somehow combine the trips to include a couple of days at the Ring too!.

1- Neo_VR

2- Delcac....Oh go on then

3- Ric04vrs

4- Emily-Elizabeth

5- drm_jones

6-Carsten

7- Shifty and Loz

8- devonutopia

9. Mr French - making own accomodation arrangements and hoping to learn how to lap from you lot

10. Mr Ffelan

11 Faboka & Pinklady ( Mr & Mrs Jones Post April )

12. Empty

13. Irf - cannot commit until I know dates

14. Tigger & Bex

15 - Motorhole (Yellow Fab. VRS) - Dependant on dates and insurance cover :thumbup:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this list actually for then? lol! cos everyone seems to want to go at different times but we're all on one list! I'd love to go on two again cos at least you have something left to look forward to when you get back :(

Yes I'm new on here!! Not too worried about meeting people off here, been on trackdays with people off forums before! I can often be found lurking on Practical Performance Car Magazine....

Obviously I don't PLAN to crash my car! But who knows what can happen eh? Not too bothered about stuffing the £500 BMW I took last year, but not so keen about putting my somewhat more expensive daily driver into the armco! Hence being covered would be nice...

from what i've been led to believe the 'ring is classed as a one way toll road under German law as opposed to a race track, so unless your insurance specifically mentions it as an exclusion you may be covered on your normal policy :D

Are there any dates for this trip yet? could be persuaded to drag the furb over :rofl:

there wont be any dates until next year , after the calendar has been sorted at the circuit , i'm waiting on here to know and with a mate whos going with his motorbike with someone off Gixerjunkies in June (hopefully)

from what i've been led to believe the 'ring is classed as a one way toll road under German law as opposed to a race track, so unless your insurance specifically mentions it as an exclusion you may be covered on your normal policy :D

Thought most policies exclude derestricted one way toll roads cos of this?

Not sure of the actual facts here, but I'm fairly sure the Ring is classified as a toll road.

What I am sure of though, is that I personally know of a handful of people who have claimed off their insurance for crashes at the Ring, and put the location as the Nordshliefe (but spelt it right) and have been paid out.

Ben Lovejoy

Try the above link from Ben Lovejoys site, which is also not very clear.

Lance

We are running an event next year called "run to the ring" and for all those interested can find it here>Euro-Rally.co.uk - Home or RunToTheRing - a Euro-Rally Event - Home

We are running this event around 22nd June-24th June 2007, more details can be found on the website.

Things included though are:

Ace-Cafe breakfast

Event tee shirt

Ticket for the ring

Certificate

Prizes.

Party/drinks after event.

Thanks

Wayner

Euro-Rally.co.uk - Home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm all booked for the Easter weekend if anyone is also heading over.

Then will be going again in July(Fingers crossed),August,Sept,Oct,Nov.

I gather if a organised trip is going to happen August will probably be the month to arrange it for.

As September is taken up by the CZ trip for a lot of people.

Any thoughts and comments very welcome.

Alex

For quality track time and more local accomodation, I'd really recommend trying to organize something for October for this forum. As you know, I went 5 times last year and it was only the early and late trips that weren't interrupted by regular track closures. In addition to this the track/car park isn't heaving.

Just a thought!

Not sure when my season will start as my mate has a stag do in March and a wedding in April.

Alex , i agree to a degree with Lance , a later trip might be better , less busy at the track etc , but won't the weather just be on the turn by then , so i'm up for any time later in the year , if i've still got a servicable car :eek:

Although I suppose the probability of bad weather is more likely later in the year, being in 'them thar hills', poor weather at the Ring is frequent throughout the whole year.

Mid Oct and a block booking at the Blau Ecke in Adenau sound good?

Good bar across the road and a good Pizza place about 5 mins further on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be making several trips this year. Have already been once, was there on good friday passing through.

Need to decide on the other dates, but Aug/Sept/Oct are all possibilities. The weather starts to change late september, when there in 2005 at the end of sept the weather was hit/miss.