Forum spy launched...

ColinD

• Administrators

This is a new feature that I will be trialing for a period of days to see how it goes.

At the moment it is open to all for performance testing.

If it become too much, it will go; but it's too cool not to try it.

If you are presently testing the cobalt06 skin you will see the new ispy link near the top of the page under search.

If your not seeing this or not using cobalt06 then start testing the Cobalt06 skin. To do this, scroll to the foot of this or any page and where a drop down selector box says cobalt or fusion, change this to cobalt06 and all will change. *eventually*

Any comments etc, please feel free to post them here.

• Administrators

the whole styles thing is a pain, but in order for me to get all this done I have to have a bridging style...if things don't work, just revert back...

tip: bookmark the spy, you only need the style to get the url, I don't want the search engines getting wind of it just yet. ;)

Mine already says Cobalt06 - I didn't change anything myself, and I can see no difference? What should I be looking for?

Mine did that when I was in a thread but showed as cobolt on the new posts page which then allowed me to change to cobolt 06.

I was being thick, OK I admit it, but if you read Colin's original post, he didn't actually refer to the new "iSpy" link on the toolbar at the top, so if you didn't spot that, the page looks exactly the same as before minus the sidebar.

Colin kindly pointed it out to me. I will put my glasses back on now...

It's very cool, but I'm torn on how it's more efficient than "New Posts"? You click the button, see a post that interests you, read that thread, then you're back to square one. You can click "New Posts" or "iSpy" - surely they do the same kind of query?

• Administrators

Nick,

I need to edit the script slightly to open posts in new windows or tabs, then it is.

I have left it open to monitor for new posts...who knows how it will go...as I said at the top, I'll give it a few days to see how the load goes.

It will need some tweaks after then anyway, but only if it's a valid use of resource :)

And that can only be a good thing - perhaps we will stamp out that stupid Comic-Sans font forever... :grumpy: :thumbup:

I like a little bit of Comic Sans mixed with a nice Verdana, with perhaps a spot of Tahoma for desert;):P:D