MFD2 is IN...............

Also played with the sound correction setting in soft coding a little bit. And I can say that the unit sounds definetly a LOT better when the sound correction is set to cloth interior. First I had it on "No correction" setting and the sound was flat and dull sounding. Now it's much more defined.

have you got a link to give more info on what needs changing? havent heard of that before

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you got a link to give more info on what needs changing? havent heard of that before

The coding options are taken from Stu's Vrs site. Octavia-vrs.com My coding is now 00412. Previously it was 00402.

Radio MFD2 CD - Controller 56

Softcode should read 00412 for an Octavia fitted with 4 speakers (or more but not DSP Sound System), Cloth interior and a CD Changer

Softcode should read 00422 for an Octavia fitted with 4 speakers (or more but not DSP Sound System), Leather interior and a CD Changer

Softcode should read 02412 for an Octavia fitted with Phone Preparation, 4 speakers (or more but not DSP Sound System), Cloth interior and a CD Changer

Softcode should read 02422 for an Octavia fitted with Phone Preparation, 4 speakers (or more but not DSP Sound System), Leather interior and a CD Changer

Softcode should read 00012 for an Octavia fitted with DSP Sound System, Cloth interior and a CD Changer

Softcode should read 00022 for an Octavia fitted with DSP Sound System, Leather interior and a CD Changer

Notice there is no option to code for leather interior and NO CD changer. My original HU was an Audience so the changer was built in, I always get whingy little faults from the MFD2 every time I go near the car with VAG-COM :thumbdwn:

Hi, bit of help please if u can,just bought a 2006 2.0tdi octII with this built in sat nav, its got the 2005 cd nav disk with it, but is there any way to get speed cameras on it as they are not listed in the POI would i need a newer version disc?

also i dont have the maxidot display option :( can the navscreen menu access any of the settings that maxidot does?

thanks,

ste.

Hi, bit of help please if u can,just bought a 2006 2.0tdi octII with this built in sat nav, its got the 2005 cd nav disk with it, but is there any way to get speed cameras on it as they are not listed in the POI would i need a newer version disc?

also i dont have the maxidot display option :( can the navscreen menu access any of the settings that maxidot does?

thanks,

ste.

It must have been an after market fit of an MFD2 then mate as if it's ordered as an option you get maxidot as well.

you can't use your own POI's (as far as I'm aware) with an MFD2 so if you wanted speed camera's then you would need a seperate camera detector.

When you say Navscreen menu access any of the settings maxidot does what settings do you mean? if you want turn based directions instead of the map, press the map button on the MFD2 and it will switch from top down map to turn based directions.

Take a look at Stu's website or have a quick search (see my sig :)) and you will find an MFD2 manual for download in pdf format

One question about the MFD2 CD firmware.

Is there a Skoda MFD2 firmware update available? I think the newest one is 5.11r, mine is currently 5.08 so I would like to upgrade it to the newest version.

I've seen a 5.11r firmware update floating around on vwnavi, but I'm not sure if it's for VW only. Is there actually any difference?

If someone has a firmware upgrade for Skoda MFD2, could you please upload it here or send it to me through email?

Has anyone done the firmware update by the way? Is it something you can do yourself or is it better to be left for dealer to do?

Thanks.