MFD2 is IN...............

.........But minus the plastic trim :D

I'll be picking a plain one up from the dealer tomorrow but the silver one is on back order at the factory so it's a case of how long is a piece of string.........

Here are a few pics thus far as I know a few people are curious.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah but to get the full look you'll need to get Maxi Dot first Steve!! May as well order Xenon's while your at it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::D :P

Looks nice, any issues with the Nav CD? Is it up to date?

TBH the Nav CD is not the latest version (2004) but I am getting the latest one next month AFTER pay day :D

And you cant watch a video AUX input while the car is moving and I doubt it can be fudged to make it work (and it's illegal):D

I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. Did you fit it yourself, if so was it an easy job?.

It took time for the right one to appear and when you spot one you need to be damned careful you aren't going to be stiched up with a duffer.

Do your homework before you commit!!!

Just type in Skoda MDF2 on ebay and see what appears.

Guest Fabia 12v
the watching things on the move thing is down to a cable connected to the hand brake, if this cable were to get earthed by mistake the unit may work at all times. possibly.

yup on MFD1 you just ground the GALA pulse cable for the same effect.

the watching things on the move thing is down to a cable connected to the hand brake, if this cable were to get earthed by mistake the unit may work at all times. possibly.

Ah right, my old JVC KD-AVX1 headunit did that, a wire chafed and the DVD worked on the move, really odd...............

yup on MFD1 you just ground the GALA pulse cable for the same effect.

For show purposes obviously ;)

I thought the screen interlock would have been more complicated than that. :D

Yep, thats what you get if you tick the box on the order form.

re the GPS aerial, I need to order a proper roof mounted one but in the meantime I have a magnetic one thats sitting quite nicely on the metal windscreen demister grille.

Hi Guys

Here is a couple of photos of the Silver trim around the MFD2 that I fitted in my Octy 2 4x4.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding features/function or fitting.

11076.attach

11077.attach

11078.attach

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks really good, is that what the Maxi dot display is? I was interested in a maxi dot but not too bothered about sat nav?

Also do you know if there is anywhere in the UK you can buy / have one fitted as I am not confident enought buying one from Ebay and trying to fit it?

I bought my OEM satnav from here: SatNav Systems

A little pricier than some on ebay but comes with 3 months warranty and service was very good. They also offer iPod adaptors etc..

The plug and play I was supplied with also included a switch to disable the Gala signal to allow the aux in video to work whilst the car is moving.