Decision made! Fabia VRS it is!

P.G

However the rest is all up for debate.

Colour wise I thought I was set on red however I am interested to see a Sprint Yellow in the flesh (and will do next week)

I think that yellow sets the car apart from the flock however it has been suggested to me that perhaps it wouldn't age as well ie. a yellow Boxster looks a little more dated than the red or black ones ??

I do like red cars and keep my cars looking well. The wifes '98 Polo (red) is often commented on for it's condition.

Cruise: Now I do fancy this and the cost as a % of the car is minimal so I will prob. go for that.

Xenons: Do very little for me and the thought of a replacement bulb worries me :(

Leather: Well, Seat Surgeons or the likes will more than likely get my money on that front.

-----------

I had to stop typing this post mid way due to a call from the dealer and lets just say it's given us a starting price---:finger: .... Let the haggling commence.:D

-----------

Other than a set of roof bars none of the other options appeal to me TBH.

What is the average spec list here for the VRs?

Can anyone put forward some points that may get me thinking otherwise ?

There's a challenge! Do something none of my school teachers were able to do all those years ago! Get me thinking :D

Cheers

Paul.

I would definitely advise going for the Cruise, it's a very cheap option but very desirable. With regards to the colour, personally I'd go for silver or black as they seem to be more desirable second hand, (I know cause I'm currently looking for one)

Oh, does the vRS come in two different reds? Sometimes I think red looks great and other times I don't...

For example I think this looks great

media?id=389286929

While I think does not.....

media?id=389781303

Is one of them just polished better or taken in a different light?

Just different light, the old yellow looked like two different cars depending on the lighting as well. In some of the photos I've posted of swmbo red octy it looks orange flip :).

The sprint yellow looks great, and the undercoat is the same shade so chips don't show :D

I agree that cruise is a great option, and so are the heated seats. CD changer saves having loads of cd's rattling round the glovebox, not sure if I would go for Zennons again, a bit of an expensive luxuary. ESP is a good safety net.

Silver......nah. Done the whole silver thing. All very mundane and boring. Granted it will show fewer marks and chips but nah. Not a fan.

As for black. My uncle owns a bodyshop and swears that black is the worst colour to go for. The slightest of chips, marks or dings are like a pimple on a pretty girls face :D

I went for black as it suits the shape etc, Cruise is a must and uprated bullbs work for me over xenons.

the big ones were 170 bhp remap and leather.

just thinking about giving the front suspension some help with corners!:)

The sprint yellow looks great, and the undercoat is the same shade so chips don't show :D

I agree that cruise is a great option, and so are the heated seats. CD changer saves having loads of cd's rattling round the glovebox, not sure if I would go for Zennons again, a bit of an expensive luxuary. ESP is a good safety net.

Heated seats..pah. You big jessie! Up in Scotland we thrive on the cold! The size of your piles are the mark of how much of a man you are ;):D

ICE I will deal with in the form of DVD headunit and MP3 changer or i-pod so the changer is off the list all together.

As for ESP, I'm not intending on crashing it so not high on the list thus far.:D

Paul.

RED...

Silver is oh so common,

Black is a sod to keep clean.

Ask any other briskodians, and they will tell you through clenched teeth that my RED Fabia looks well, and stands out amongst the sheep..

( Baaaaaaaa)

Grumpy ol' dog kicker :rofl:

For the price of the CD changer you could fit a very nice MP3 Tuner which will be much better quality than the stock CD player...and fit 12 CDs onto one disc in Mp3 format. Better still, get one of these Giga MP3 Tuners which reads DVDs and have 50CDs on one DVD disc!!! :shock:

You have the tools to do the job if your PC has a CD or DVD burner!

From Sciencebird's car:

Xenons - expensive but brilliant, plus imho makes the car look a lot more expensive at night!

Heated seats - depends if you like them, so far we've just used them to sneakily switch on the other's when they're not looking and see how long it takes them to notice... (but it's not cold outside yet)

Cruise - BUY THIS !! It makes long journeys so much more relaxed.

ESP - I had heard the standard traction is a little harsh on removing power when it's slippy, I gave a little too much pedal turning into a T junction and apart from the light on the dash, it was virtually imperceptiable. Despite claims we all have of being a good driver, none of us know when we're going to end up on some spilt diesel, or when (as I read in a post on here months ago) you need to lean on it while performaing an avoiding maneouver of some idiot oncoming motorist. It's pricey so whatever you think really.

Well, that's my 2p worth - I'll shut up now!

(oops - posted under Sciencebird's login - sorry it's FranV8...)

From Sciencebird's car:

Xenons - expensive but brilliant, plus imho makes the car look a lot more expensive at night!

Heated seats - depends if you like them, so far we've just used them to sneakily switch on the other's when they're not looking and see how long it takes them to notice... (but it's not cold outside yet)

Cruise - BUY THIS !! It makes long journeys so much more relaxed.

ESP - I had heard the standard traction is a little harsh on removing power when it's slippy, I gave a little too much pedal turning into a T junction and apart from the light on the dash, it was virtually imperceptiable. Despite claims we all have of being a good driver, none of us know when we're going to end up on some spilt diesel, or when (as I read in a post on here months ago) you need to lean on it while performaing an avoiding maneouver of some idiot oncoming motorist. It's pricey so whatever you think really.

Well, that's my 2p worth - I'll shut up now!

(oops - posted under Sciencebird's login - sorry it's FranV8...)

I agree, ESP is well worth it... just take the simple statistics from insurers, 30% less accidents. plain and simple. £400 for your life in an unforseen situation? deffo...

Xenons get you respect from oncoming traffic - they think you're a merc or a beamer. Also much better lights than halogens.

For all the comments made on here, yellow Fabia owners are the most gregarious (see below). If you got nothing to hide, stand out in yellow!

As for the red - the top car is corrida red, the bottom is rally red (or the other way round) Either way, the colour changed in 04.

Options wise:

Heated seats a must - cost peanuts and they make cold winter mornings a dream rather than a chore. The diesel engine takes ages to warm up, it can be up to 10 miles before any warm air makes its way into the cabin. They also use 2 of the dash blank switched.

Get the air bag deactivation switch too. Just because you dont find it useful doesnt mean the next owner wont. But £60 is worth it to remove another horrible dash blank!

I liked my xenons - but I dont think I'd bother again.

Cruise - for the money, you simply must tick the box.

I'd have ESP over xenons tbh.

Hope this helps a little.

I went for, Corrida red, ESP, Cruise, Electric Sunroof, and third rear headrest, paid only £12044 on drivethedeal.com.

I then had it remapped, and just had leather done by seat surgeons.

Quality. Though I still like the black ones!!!

Well that's it ordered. :D Very chuffed!

Corrida red with cruise.

Ended up getting it from Thomson & Potters in Burrelton, Perthshire. Literally 5 mins walk from my house. Convenient and all in all the best deal out of them all.

Looks like the car will be in my possesion late November. :D

Paul