Suggested Mods for Octavia Estate...Any good?

Aaquil

If you look in 'First Time Introductions' you will see that I am new to this site. I am considering getting an Octavia Estate 4x4 turbo (Is that right?). After doing lots of searching on this top site I have got some mod ideas whta do you guys and girls reckon:

1. Jabbasport remap.

2. Miltex ss exhaust with sports cat.

3. Green Cotton filter.

4. Group N Brake kit (Impreziv).

5. Dump Valve Forge DV07.

6. Turbo Inlet Pipe ABD Aluminium.

7. Uprated Clutuch an Flywheel.

8. Suspension KW3.

9. Geometry set up by AmD.

10. Clifford Cat 1 Alarm.

11. Tracker.

12. 17" alloys (What type do u guys put on?). Are 18" too much?

13. Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres.

Any comments or suggestion...not all in one go OF COURSE!!! What is the most beneficial/ important first?

Thanks

Aaquil

1. Jabbasport remap. Yup, best mod in the bang for your buck category. Try and get on one of the group buys for a 10% discount. You could do the DV at the same time :D

2. Turbo Inlet Pipe ABD Aluminium.This would be probably the second best engine mod IMHO

3. Group N Brake kit Now needs to be bought from individual suppliers, well worth getting.

4. Suspension KW3. Would be number 4 on my list

5. Geometry set up by AmD. Another alternative is Powerstation in Cheltenham, do it after the KWs

6. Green Cotton filter. Yup, get it from Bill Badger5

7. Dump Valve Forge DV07. Any of the aftermarket recircs will do, pref seems to be Bailey od Forge

8. Uprated Clutuch an Flywheel.Not essential, wait until you need a new clutch and do it then

9. 17" alloys (What type do u guys put on?). Are 18" too much? 18s are fine. As a stop gap, check the for sale section, you can usually find a set of 17" RS wheels with tyres for about

If you look in 'First Time Introductions' you will see that I am new to this site. I am considering getting an Octavia Estate 4x4 turbo (Is that right?).

no, that is seriously unhinged!!!!!!!

It's all good, although if you are going to have it set up by AmD you might as well see how much of it they can do (see Ross the resident AmD empolyee elsewhere on the forum)

Someone's been busy. ;)

Appears you got all the important ones down....the remap will give you the single biggest gain but, it has been suggested, getting the full exhaust system, CAI (induction kit) done first so the remap can get the best out of them.

Tyres are interesting....I have Pirelli PZero Rosso and they're great. Have heard good things about F1 GSD3 (the latest one anyway) as well.

DV....and alternative choice is the Bailey DV30 which requires, apparently, no maintenance.

Suspension/geometry........an alternative to AmD is Powerstation in Cheltenham (I think) and a good suggestion is to have the geomtry chcked after you out on the new suspension.

Alarm/tracker.....I wasn't required to get one but I would recommend a Disclok as well.

Alloys....Colin (ColinD) would be a good person to ask as he had 18''(??) fitted to his 4x4.

Other things........junk the standard stereo and speakers.

Edited: Doh! Jon's pretty much said everything apart from.......I imagine the sports dp/cat will fit the estate but you'd probably have to go the custom route for a cat back e.g. Powerflow.

What about Iridium spark plugs. I have some fitted on my Legacy Turbo and apparently they are suggested for cars running at higher boost levels (?) (mine has a 'Superchip'!!!!). To be honest i didn't really notice much of a difference when I had them fitted. Any comments? The other thing is...what's a power gasket? Someone mentioned he had one fitted.

Thanks.

Aaquil.

An impressive list, Aaquil! If only I had the money.... rolleyes.gif

One of our Greek members has fitted Iridium plugs and is pleased with them, but I seem to recall they don't have the life of the standard plugs. I did ask at Jabbasport if I needed Iridiums after the remap but was told the standard ones are up to the job.

How is the DIY 4x4 project coming along, Denis??
Very funny, Howard! :grumpy: The wiring looms alone broke the bank. But it was an interesting exercise.

hi. certainly reccomend Goodyear F1s i have just changed to them and fitted 225 45 17s nice snug fit and make the car look fat.....AMD are good in Bicester or check some of my posts as i can also do 4 wheel laser tracking (HUNTER American tracking machine)

i am also looking to go down the "jabba" road and would like info on replacement filters.........dump valve i may go for the VIPER from AMD as i live no more than a mile away....any feedback on viper dvs ??

Phil......... :D

I did Brakes, Wheels & suspension before I increased the performance but thats just personal, as for your list.

1. Jabbasport remap. - The best & most satisfying mod of all but as others have said do all the other Engine mods first, also map it for Super/Optimax if you intend to use it & run a few tanks through first, car will run OK on Ordinary after the map if you need/want to use it.

2. Miltex ss exhaust with sports cat. I left mine std for stealth, its a case of do you want those extra horses/noise.

3. Green Cotton filter. cant comment but Jon says Ok.

4. Group N Brake kit , As Jon said buy the bits seperately, Impresiv have temporarily disapeared ,you could also try Ian Godney at Godspeed, Also upgrade the fluid. Hoses are OK as Skoda ones are hard lined so braided not required unless you change callipers but you wont be doing that (YET!!)

5. Dump Valve Forge DV07. Yep

6. Turbo Inlet Pipe ABD Aluminium. Yep

7. Uprated Clutuch an Flywheel. See Jon Comment, waste of time until it goes

8. Suspension KW3. Second best mod you can do but also get adjustable rear arms, lowering the car puts the rear camber several degrees out, great for cornering but hard on tyre wear. Forge do them for about

If only I had the money to buy the car now let alone the mods!!! The car is planned in future but I want to get all the information I can well in advance. The mods would probably go on stage by stage starting with the safety bits...brakes, alloys, decent tyres etc. then the remap. As wrote by Stuart. I must admit I am very impressed by how helpful everyone is on this website...I really appreciate this. I'll probably be cutting and pasting all this thread and keeping it as reference. A special thanks to Stuart...you must have spent a while writing that reply, very helpful as well. Your advice has been taken on board, I currently use Optimax and Millers Octane Booster on my Legacy and that is exactly what I would do on the Octavia. I think the estate is a better option for me because of the practicality.

By the way you said you have left the ss exhaust,with and Induction kit (any comments on fitting one of these) would the ss exhaust not give you quite a bit more BHP, or would it not be that much (with the remap done after)? Are Induction kits for Octavia's detrimental to the MAF as a lot of people with Subaru's claim that they are? Are they worth it?

One last thing I think I saw a Estate (4X4) 1.8T in Autotrader is was called an 'Octavia Elegance'. Is that the one I am looking for?

Thanks

Aaquil.

Octane booster, I remember those days, you wont need that any more. You can elect to Map the car to whatever fuel you want be it Normal Unleaded or Super/Optimax. The later should give a bit more performance but after mapping you can still run ordinary unleaded without problems unlike The Subarus. The Octy Engines seem to sort out what you put in them & run accordingly & unlike a Subaru wont go into meltdown mode

Re the Octy Elegance, the Elegance bit is the trim level, next time you pass a Skoda dealers grab a brochure & it will explain roughly what you get at each level.

Also when you are finally looking for a car there is an option on the Skoda UK site to search for second hand cars throughout the UK dealer network, It will give you an idea of whats around although being franchised dealers the prices will be top but there again you should get a good warranty & they will always haggle. Also some dealers have an exchange policy so even if the cars with a dealer miles away you may be able to get it supplied by a closer dealer.

Keep saving the pennies & Good luck when you finanly start looking.

Hi again.

You'll find with the exhaust that there aren't many bhp gains to be had with the full ss exhaust. What you do however gain is about 20-30lb/ft of torque.

Agree with Stuart, octane booster isn't necessary for everyday running. The car as standard runs happily on 95 RON fuel and can be remapped to carry on running it or for more power it can be mapped for SUL/Optimax. Even when the latter is done, you can still run 95 with no ill effects (unless you count slight loss of performance an ill effect :D )

Jon

How potent would it be? Impreza and Audi TT eating potent? Also, how much benefit with Induction kit and ss exhaust? I know someone has already mentioned the increase in torque with ss exhaust biut what about in combo with an Induction kit? I was doing a search and saw pics of a hard piped Induction kit someone had fitted. It looked really good (quality wise I mean). Will the Induction kit destroy the MAF as some people say Induction kits do? Any experiences?

Never been on a track day...wouldn't mind trying it. However, I'll have to warn u I'm not the best of drivers on the road let alone a track!!! how would an estate with those mods do on a track anyway?

Thanks.

Aaquil.

Apparently heavily oiled filters will knacker your MAF....the oil gets sucked in a deposits onto the MAF.

If you want to change to a CAI or even replace the standard panel filter, get a lightly oiled one (green filter).

Wouldn't like to say MAF is built proof as they are prone to failure even with standard filter.....which can result in some heavy duty damage.

There are a few threads discussing filters around here somewhere....try out the search facility.

2. Miltex ss exhaust with sports cat.

Milltek don't do one for the 4x4, simple as that. The 4x4 has a totally different rear-end set-up (independent instead of torsion bar) so that will prohibit putting the Milltek mid-section and backbox underneath it. You could take a Milltek downpipe, however, and get some custom plumbing after that.

Was it DaveU that had a red 4x4 fitted with a Supersprint backbox at April's Briskoda meet ? That looked very good and his rolling road results were excellent as well.

DaveU has a black vRS... A loud one.

An impressive list' date=' Aaquil! If only I had the money.... [img']http://briskoda.net/members/dgw/rolleyes.gif[/img]

One of our Greek members has fitted Iridium plugs and is pleased with them, but I seem to recall they don't have the life of the standard plugs. I did ask at Jabbasport if I needed Iridiums after the remap but was told the standard ones are up to the job.

:wave: and me. For what it's worth, bugger all difference. I've only kept them because I paid for them :P . I asked at Jabba too and basically if you're racing then fair enough but otherwise no point.

Geoff. Please ignore this post.