Suggested Mods for Octavia Estate...Any good?

Aaquil

I've got a Green Cotton Panel Filter from TSL Motorsport in my Legacy Turbo (with fragile MAF). TSL apparently use MoTec ECU upgrade to measure flow through the Green Filter and compare it to Induction Kits and claim that the cotton filter is just as good if not better. Also you still have the filter housing intact with the panel filter that keeps the air cool (?). If the MAF on they Octavias are fragile it may well be better to try one of these.

Any comments?

Aaquil.

Can you two take it outside' date=' we may have visitors present and what would they think of us?

:silly:

Steve[/quote']

I'm sure they would think something like...

"What a great site, they all seem to have fun as well as babbling on about their cars, and no heavy handed mods too (checks for Denis :wave: )"

;)

I'm sure they would think something like...

"What a great site' date=' they all seem to have fun as well as babbling on about their cars, and no heavy handed mods too (checks for Denis :wave: )"

;)[/quote']

Everyone knows we have a good sense of humour......we drive Skodas ;)

steve

I've got a Green Cotton Panel Filter from TSL Motorsport in my Legacy Turbo (with fragile MAF). TSL apparently use MoTec ECU upgrade to measure flow through the Green Filter and compare it to Induction Kits and claim that the cotton filter is just as good if not better. Also you still have the filter housing intact with the panel filter that keeps the air cool (?). If the MAF on they Octavias are fragile it may well be better to try one of these.

Any comments?

Aaquil.

I have a Dynatwist CAI from Green Filters....apparently these are lightly oiled. Badger Bill has this on his 400bhp markIV Golf (or was it his 360bhp-ish Ibiza) and has run them for many thousands of miles with out problem.

Apparently (again) people running K&N filtes have had the filter BUT......this may be coincidence and that they over oiled them after cleaning.

A,

On track, one with the spec you've outlined would be quick. I'd say just shy of a stdish P1, Evo VI etc.

You've got a similar weight (maybe slightly more), probably between 230-245 BHP and less transmission losses. You also benefit from shorter ratios than the RS if you get the 4x4 so the ingear times should be more comparable to the Scoobs.

However, you'll get approx 35mpg on a trip, pay less for the insurance and servicing and your car won't attract as many undesirables. Probably hold its value better as well.

Just noticed you are in Manchester, PM Tavia4x4 and see if he'll take you out in his standardish (just a remap) 4x4 estate to see what you think. Some of the board's most vocal members are round that area and have meets (when its not too clod dark and miserable) most Thursdays NW of Manchester, normally accompanied by a nice gentle drive out.

Jon

A' date='

On track, one with the spec you've outlined would be quick. I'd say just shy of a stdish P1, Evo VI etc.

You've got a similar weight (maybe slightly more), probably between 230-245 BHP and less transmission losses. You also benefit from shorter ratios than the RS if you get the 4x4 so the ingear times should be more comparable to the Scoobs.

However, you'll get approx 35mpg on a trip, pay less for the insurance and servicing and your car won't attract as many undesirables. Probably hold its value better as well.[/quote']

Well summarized...

Come on everyone...

What's the score about getting an Induction kit and a SS exhaust on an Octavia. Worth it in terms of performance or not because of MAF harm?

Anyone who's fitted them did they get a worthwhile improvement?

If an Induction kit is a bad idea what about ss exhaust and Green Cotton Panel filter?

Thanks

Aaquil.

Induction kit definately gives better response and aids that "pstsh" noise of the DV venting. ;)

But which CAI to go for........Dynatwist if you want something a little more quieter or the ABD one for some real noise.

Milltek dp/sport cats and Powerflow custom cat back. With the Powerflow you can choose what exit pipe design you want plus, I believe you can choose the size of the rear box and hence how loud it is (I think). Will definately give you better breathing and aid turbo spin up.

Thanks guys...the exhaust combo you were talking about is that for estate or saloon? Its just because someone mentioned you can't get a certain type of ss exhaust replacement for the 4X4 turbo estate

Thanks

Aaquil.