Whoosh noise from Dump valve

SCVRS

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the bottom or the top or both

The ones in the top are the main offenders, there's not as many in the bottom and they are there to help with drainage.

The 'ribs' are pretty easy to remove by using a stanley knife to score them then snap them out. Afterwards just rub it down to get rid of any remaining rough bit's.

The ones in the top are the main offenders, there's not as many in the bottom and they are there to help with drainage.

The 'ribs' are pretty easy to remove by using a stanley knife to score them then snap them out. Afterwards just rub it down to get rid of any remaining rough bit's.

and the larger cold feed do i replace the normal one or is there something else i should do

I feel a log coming on ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've just spat coffee all over my monitor ... :rofl:

This 'Green' ducting, where does one go to purchase said acoutrement? I've had a gander on Google, and came up with nothing.

I like the sound of this mod, and it's cheap enough to experiment with. :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've just spat coffee all over my monitor ... :rofl:

This 'Green' ducting, where does one go to purchase said acoutrement? I've had a gander on Google, and came up with nothing.

I like the sound of this mod, and it's cheap enough to experiment with. :)

Any Green dealer, I got mine from JBS.

When mine had the DynaTwist fitted, the effect on low down torque was the most evident effect. Not a huge difference, but enough to be more than just

"Oh, I think it makes it better, 'cos it cost me

guys....forgive me if ive got the wrong end of the stick here but are you saying that in standard format the air box is more efficient than a cold air intake system and that companies such as K&N have spent time and money in R&D to produce a less efficient system?.. and that they are falsely promoting their system as being able to produce 5-10 bhp more than stock??? yes or no. cos if so the likes of K&N(mentioned only because they were the first company i though of) are open to being sued by every customer who they have sold said "better system" under the trade descriptions act 1968. im very confused. especially when every other car ive ever witnessed on a rolling road had seen gains in power from a propperly fitted CAI.

Peak power may be increased but we all know that ther eis more to life than peak power figures.

Do the filter companies actually claim to gain those BHP figures? Or is it just their fitters/re-sellers who do it?

I dont think the filter companies have spent an awful lot of money developing a filter for the 1.8T - it is afterall just a variation on existing technology.

If I could charge double the cost of a standard part just because people thought it made a difference I would. How much do you think VAG spent developing the air intake compared to the filter companies :eek:

Rolling road readings are all well and good but we have logs to prove the airflow is better with the standard airbox.

i smoothed mine out last night

two question's how smooth should it be

and how does the trumpet looking thing on the other side of the maf come as i could'nt get all the ridges out as it was in the way

also what grade paper should i use to get the box looking half tidy as it looks like crap in there at the moment

Thinking aloud here, I'm no expert ...

buying an aftermarket kit is simply achieving (more or less, perhaps) the same as modifying the original standard airbox?

Like anything else in a modern car, the VAG designed airbox is a compromise - cost, noise, longevity,regulations, manufacturing constraints, multi-use item etc ... - so we can choose to modify the part to more suit our "needs", thereby altering the compromise.

The aftermarket manufacturers are simply trying to sell you a way of doing this without getting your hands too dirty. Plus there is the Bling factor, which is always going to make a shiny airbox more popular than a black plastic one.

It's a bit like Max Power magazine ... full of ****e, but it still sells ;)