Rally Mudflaps for VRS

Surely making a decision before the final design has been confirmed is a bit presumptuous?!?!?

my feelings entirely. think the pictures taken don't exactly show the full potential of the flaps. I mean the red in the photo is not even the color the actual faps are. in the pictures they are orange but are actually a nice shade of red wehich I think will match nicely with a red Fabia.

I would wait for some pictures of the final product before deciding

Since the group by started ,ive moved house and i dont live in the countryside anymore but thought i may as well still get them.

But after seeing a few pics

Ive gone right off the idea,especially now having no real use for them

Surely making a decision before the final design has been confirmed is a bit presumptuous?!?!?

The same could be said to those who decided they were having a set prior to seeing the pics.

It's a nice idea but imo they just don't work.

There are many items stuck on to the Fabia in the name of modifying that really do take it in to the realms of the Nova ect.

Less is often more.

I said that I would have a set before seeing them on the fabia because I had already seen them on the Octavia. They looked like they were good quality and I have no doubt that once the minor adjustments have been made, the ones for the Fabia will also look good.

Yeah i think black flaps would look best on my black vRS:thumbup: .

Think i might smooth the top outside corners off a bit though.

Liking the vRS badges, do we get a choice of old or new vRS badge??

Hello everyone.....

got everything sorted on Monday, but i've been tarvelling since...here are some updated photos....with the 'old vRS' logos ...and yes the new type are available too.

Newsideview1.jpg

here showing a much better arch fit

archfit1.jpg

front flaps

front1.jpg

fitting of rear flaps

newrearfit1.jpg

and a rear view

Newrearview1.jpg

the new rear mounting style has removed the turned in effect the inner arches caused.

As far as i'm concerned they look good on the black car and the PC lads agree...they will be putting the photos on the website soon

Keith

Keith, You have done good mate.

I think a black set will be ordered for me too. We will have to see if PC would possibly like to do a group buy. they fit loads better than before and they look really good. I think the edge is taken away without the Logo's on for people not too daring shall we say :thumbup:

Just IMO of course, but they look absolutely terrible and completely wreck the look of the vRS, so ungainly!

Why anyone would consider these is beyond me....

I would of assumed they would look like the OEM ones with just the vRS logo at the bottom, that in my humble opinion would of looked a lot better at the fit and finish would be a lot neater!!!

Of course, each to their own and that's what makes us all individuals! :)

I concur.

I get a good laugh at some of the sigs on here with their modifications but these are going that step too far.

I know people like a bit of individuality but at what cost? When I had my Impreza and saw guys sticker them up and have their wife read them pace notes on the way to Tescos I really did dispair. Never did I think I would see someone rally up their diesel Fabia:rolleyes:

To each their own but to park up in the carpark and stand next to your car and think "Everyone look at my hardcore, modified, rally slag furby" (now there's one that really does get on my t!ts....FURBY???...get a set of balls!)

The car is what it is. To try and make it something too far from what it is ends up with a Max Power feature car. Next we'll have people with the obligatory Jap shopping list on their front wing.

Less is more :thumbup::D

I concur.

I get a good laugh at some of the sigs on here with their modifications but these are going that step too far.

I know people like a bit of individuality but at what cost? When I had my Impreza and saw guys sticker them up and have their wife read them pace notes on the way to Tescos I really did dispair. Never did I think I would see someone rally up their diesel Fabia:rolleyes:

To each their own but to park up in the carpark and stand next to your car and think "Everyone look at my hardcore, modified, rally slag furby" (now there's one that really does get on my t!ts....FURBY???...get a set of balls!)

The car is what it is. To try and make it something too far from what it is ends up with a Max Power feature car. Next we'll have people with the obligatory Jap shopping list on their front wing.

Less is more :thumbup::D

step back...enage brain please

these are wanted as they are purposeful and not a "MAX POWER" add on.

they do a job stop mud splatter from the front wheels up the side of the car, stop stones chips and fit the rear VRS bumper which oem ones dont.

they are also a tad wider and longer than oem ones too and therefore do a lot better job as most with oem flaps have said they don't do the job properly. these will and have been designed to do a job not look good, some think they do some think they don't

so yes they may look crap to you but look really good for others, they will do the job they were made to do.

step back...enage brain please

they do a job stop mud splatter from the front wheels up the side of the car, stop stones chips and fit the rear VRS bumper which oem ones dont.

they are also a tad wider and longer than oem ones too and therefore do a lot better job as most with oem flaps have said they don't do the job properly. these will and have been designed to do a job not look good, some think they do some think they don't

so yes they may look crap to you but look really good for others, they will do the job they were made to do.

well said :orb_clap:

damn right, we need them to stop all the 5h1t3 getting sprayed up the sides and back of the car.

If you don't like them, don't buy them! Best change the channel on your TV or you'll be complaining about that next:rofl: .

The OEM rear flaps can be fitted without too much grief, all it takes is to cut down a little plastic, takes a few minutes but it works ok.

I'd have to see them on a car to work out whether I'd like some plain black ones, I've found the OEM ones reasonable in doing their job, not excellent but ok.

Each to their own though, and in this case I reckon that's more the case than with some other modifications ;)

Step back.......engage unbias opinion please

Just because they serve a purpose does not make them look any less Max Power.

and have been designed to do a job not look good' date='

[/quote']

In which case the designer has done a really good job on the second part of his brief.

Personally I'd rather pressure wash the sides of my car after every journey than have oversized flappy flaps dangling from my nice new car. Granted, the asthetics of the car were not what sold it to me in the first place but why make it worse?

I'd prefer to fit the Skoda ones if any but for now I am more than willing to keep my car protected as best I can with a good coat of wax.

If my wife's flaps were that wide and dangly it'd be designer vagina time!