Low temperature bong.

Can the low temp bong be shut up. On the way home with the varying temp outside the thing was bonging every 10 mins or so, as the temp varied between +4c and +5.5c.

Mine seemed to be bonging a lot last night. In my case it was all below 4 deg C though - does it re-bong every extra degree (or even half degree) colder it gets?

The bong on my Focus is equally annoying. I do get a lovely yellow snowflake symbol also :)

It bongs every time the temp gets to 4oC - so if it goes up to 5 and back to 4, it bongs again.

Did it atleast 5 times on my 4hr journey yesterday. More than slightly irritating :(

Today I had a bong for each of the following:

Too cold

Service due

Seatbelt warning

Low oil

My car is bonging me to death right now.

I don't mind the 'bong' for either of the ones you state except for the seat belt bong going crackers if you don't buckle up within a nano second of getting in the car :( , but never fear as this can be easily disabled with the new super hero 'Friendly Vag-Com Man' :thumbup:..........................he wears a cape and everything :P.

Joking aside, I'm sure that if the seat belt chime can be disabled in this manner then I don't see any reason as to why the others can't be!.

Is it mixed up with the seat belt bongs? Does it have the same, or a different tone? If you get in the car and start it (and it's very cold outside), does it bong immediately? How will I know what the bong means?

Questions, questions ..... :confused:

@Tom - on my old Mondeo there used to be an orange snowflake between (IIRC) 5 degrees and zero, then a red one at zero and below :thumbup:

Used to scare the hell out of me when my fabia did it... not as yet witnessed it in my golf...

The Fabia's low-screenwash scream, or the low-fuel scream caused involuntary fecal eruption.

Missus has just told me to just put "bowel movement" instead of fecal. So I have.

All these warning sounds can be off putting. Mine screamed at me yesterday as I was getting out. Couldn't figure out why then finally realised I'd left the indicator stalk on "left". Big deal!!