Your favourite photo?

AvRS

Whats phase shift? Looks fine to me :confused:

Because the camera was only cheap, the glass used in the lens isn't particularly good quality. Hence, at high levels of zoom, the different wavelengths of light travel at slightly different speeds through it, and end up slightly out-of-phase on the sensor. It's not too obvious on the little photos, but you can see on the full-size shot here how the branch above the leopard's head has a green 'fringe', whereas its face and the branch its lying on have a slightly blu-ish fringe, and the bit of trunk at the extreme left has a purple fringe?

example.jpg

It's a nuisance when you're trying to take a good close-up photo with a cheap camera, but it's also related to the Doppler Effect used by astronomers to measure the speed of expension of the universe. Which is quite clever.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some great pics from chris and scuff. I would like to know how to do all this stuff properly, and get photochop back. Everything I do I always seems to have to work it out myself, which is fine up to a point, but trial and error can only teach you so much

I'm indecisive as well lol..... these pics were taken on a straight forward compact digital camera cos I haven't got into D-SLR - yet ;)

I like the fascination on the cats face and the fact that the drip of water is in focus ;)

DSCF0091.jpg

This one... cos it's only around the corner from where I live!

DSCF2674-1.jpg

I'm not big into flowers... but these took my fancy

DSCF0328.jpg

Maisy looking cute

DSCF0120.jpg

one of my previous cars...

DSCF0110.jpg

In the Italian Alps

CAZ_010.jpg

Reservoir in Wales - it's the reflection I like!

DSCF0144.jpg

and finally - a courtyard in Morocco :)

DSCF0028.jpg

Great pictures :thumbup: love your cat and tap:)

ta :D

you see... I like taking photos lol.... that's why I'm thinking D-SLR now :D

hoping then I can take some pics to rival the quality of some of the others on here - was aware when posting these ones that they could've been better... but i like em anyway :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure of Yewbarrow (the hill like an upside-down boat) not so sure about the Welsh one but it does look like it, from memory of a Welsh holiday.

I walked from Honister Hause Youth Hostel one hot day over Green Gable to Great Gable, down into Wasdale, back up over Yewbarrow, down into Black Sail pass, over to the Black Sail hut, and back to Honister up Loft Beck - which nearly killed me. When I got back to Honister I couldn't walk - my calves had totally seized up with cramp. Fine an hour later after dinner though :)

Here's my five best, pre digital and my scanner is cr4p but they are quality, honest:rolleyes:

First one was when i used to go to the BTCC all the time, got a copy signed by John Cleland but it went a pinky colour??

Second was Cream @ Amnesia back in the good old days just as the smoke cannon went off, i was young!!(er:rofl: ), EDIT looks too dark, F***ing scanner!!.

Third is the sunset at Cafe Del Mar, hopefully getting this one on canvas for above our bed.

Fourth is two years ago when i went paragliding in france, not me though, got one on the computer at work of me to add, looking up at my glider.

Fifth is probably my all time favourite, right place, right time. I was stood on the roof of my old Corsa as they rolled right over the top of me. You could hear the roof creasing as i was following them. Totally buggered the roof, but worth it IMHO:D

12109.attach

12110.attach

12111.attach

12112.attach

There are some cool pictures in here! :thumbup:

Here are a few of my favourite pictures I've taken:

Took this one in Amanzimtoti, South Africa, when I was last there almost 2 years ago. Was the first time I'd played with any of the manual settings on my camera. (Still have no idea what I'm doing!)

IMG_0606%20(Resized).jpg

This one a day later in Durban:

IMG_0438%20(Large).jpg

Falls of Feugh, Scotland:

DSCN1231%20(Large).JPG

You might appreciate the last one a bit more :P

A genuine Czech, hand painted Skoda in Prague! ;)

CIMG0096%20(Large).JPG

Fifth is probably my all time favourite, right place, right time. I was stood on the roof of my old Corsa as they rolled right over the top of me. You could hear the roof creasing as i was following them. Totally buggered the roof, but worth it IMHO:D

I'm really loving the one of the Red Arrows! Awesome pic!

I'm really loving the one of the Red Arrows! Awesome pic!

Cheers. I parked up outside their base @ Scampton, Lincoln, while they were practising.

Free display:D

Bought an SLR since i took these but wish i'd waited for a digi SLR:(

Guest Fabia 12v

Chris... that shot of the ruins... is it in Norfolk near Baconsthorpe?? If so i'll have a mooch through my photos when i get home next week, think iv got loads of that place.

i've not been on the site for a while as i no longer have a skoda, some of you may remember that my car was stolen and used in a robbery. i got it back but i never felt the same about it. but here's my fave pic of the car, its not perfect but it still evokes fond memories

adam

vRS.jpg