PD Day!

SuperBen

I picked up my Superb today, drove over 300 miles on lovely dry roads with the sun shining and started the mods.

I will post the picks and the full lowdown tomorrow.

Today was a good day! Thank you Laurin & Klement.

Awaiting pics mate!!

As all you Superb owners know, it's a great car to drive. After reading reviews saying that the car wallowed around corners and in general didn't handle particularly well, I have to disagree. So it's not a sports car, tell me something I didn't know.

After a small tour of Kent, Sussex and Surrey, driving on Motorways, A roads, B roads and windy country lanes, I brought the car home to make some small changes.

The Audi RS4 18" rims went straight on using the original bolt holes as my A4, so for future reference they have exactly the same offset etc.

The badge in the boot was unfortunately, recessed and removal just left a hole, so the chrome Wolfsburg Edition badge filled the gap nicely. Yes I know Skoda’s have nothing to do with Wolfsburg but there big brother does and the badge looks nice.

Lastly I installed a small unit that plugs into the fuel sensor, claiming to give me up to 25BHP and 40Nm of torque more. I was not really expecting to notice a change in performance. In the past I’ve fitted new exhaust systems, air filters and other bits and to be completely honest the only difference I noticed was the fuel diminishing faster.

Boy was I wrong, I almost gave myself whiplash. As I don’t own a rolling road cannot be sure of what increase it has made but I can feel it. This cost £20 from an Ebay seller and is one of the best things I’ve ever bought for a car, I highly recommend this to anyone owning a diesel PD engine. Fantastic!!

Anyway, I was so busy cleaning it and showing it off to various friends, that I completely forgot to take any pics, doh! You will have to wait till next weekend, sorry folks.

My only gripes are about the steering and a rattling draw under the stereo. Before the 18’s went on, the steering felt very heavy at low speeds, are they all like this or is it possible that some kind of steering sensor has packed up?

Hello all

I bought one of these plug in boosters it was a little box with the correct plugs at 90deg. It was a little fiddley to fit and I think you can now get them with wires on the plug to make it easier to get to the sensor. I think it did make a difference :thumbup: . But then my emission system fault light came on so I removed the box and took it to Skoda the man said it's your fuel sensor mate and they changed it. It might have been bad luck. Anyway seeing as the label that said warranty void if removed had got torn I opened it couldn't see much in it some sort of sealant had been used to join the plugs to the case and seal around whatever is connected between the two :confused: . I havn't put it back as I don't want to have to go back to Skoda if the fault develops agian. If anyone else has had problems with one of these I would like to know as I'm still in two minds as to get another one or not:confused:

Any way thats my six peneth worth

Cheers:thumbup:

I know it sounds to good to be true but i really did notice a difference and they will refund your money if you send it back to them. I should be on commision

Here is a copy of the info from an Ebay seller and a link. I got mine for 19.95 including P&P but i can only find them on there for

If anyone else has had problems with one of these I would like to know as I'm still in two minds as to get another one or not:confused:

I've heard if your ignition is on when you install it you may get a fault, also it was a bit fiddley but

Looking fwd to seeing the pics. I've got a Nightfire blue Superb too, and been thinking about new wheels. Like the 19"s some have got, but would also be good to see your 18"s.

While my solids look nice, the 17" wheels just look too small in the arches.

Cheers,

Rob

Cheers,

Rob

Get your car lowered mate and you will have no problems on the 17's.

Putting bigger wheels on most cars without touching the suspension can result in the 'tractor look'.

Would love some info on dogin this, is there a thread anywhere??

No guide mate but I could put you in contact with someone that may be able to supply you with a unit? Might be worth dropping me a PM mate........

• 2 years later...
I know it sounds to good to be true but i really did notice a difference and they will refund your money if you send it back to them. I should be on commision

Here is a copy of the info from an Ebay seller and a link. I got mine for 19.95 including P&P but i can only find them on there for

when i fitted my 18' rs4's it was very high, but soon sorted it out by fitting a set of eibach pro's, very nice but wish they were just a little lower, but looks loads better than the standard set up

The reason you got a fault is because the 'tuning box' is a resistor. It is overpriced for what it is, but if it was done 'right' at least it has the right connectors so it is possibly worth it for that.

It will however cause faults, and I am amazed the dealer did not spot it. It is a bargain compared to a map, but during cold weather it can cause that kind of fault to be logged, and during the summer, it could smoke a lot more too.

The reason you got a fault is because the 'tuning box' is a resistor. It is overpriced for what it is, but if it was done 'right' at least it has the right connectors so it is possibly worth it for that.

It will however cause faults, and I am amazed the dealer did not spot it. It is a bargain compared to a map, but during cold weather it can cause that kind of fault to be logged, and during the summer, it could smoke a lot more too.

Yeah - I assumed it was a "resistor in a box" when I saw the price.