Foglight bulbs...

That lamin-x looks like a very useful product.

The yellow light has longer wavelength and as a result is less easily scattered by the fog, hence why it appears to improve visibility. Also, yellow glasses can be useful in spray laden or misty daylight for improving contrast.

Chris

Hi, I Emailed Lamin-x Below is reply:

------------------------

The adhesive that we use is specially designed to both stick to plastic and

glass lenses. It will not damage the lens. The only damage that can occur

is due to heat displacement and that usually occurs to the film not the

lens, and it is caused by excessively hot burning lights. Standard 55W

bulbs are best when installing our film.

If you ever want to remove the film, you will need to heat the film first,

preferrably with a heat gun of some kind. Slowly pull the film backwards

across the face of the lens. Once a portion of the lens is exposed, hold

the lens down with the palm of your hand while you continue to pull the

remainder of the film off.

Hope this helps

I have been searching for Osram bulbs in H8 fitting - Octy Fog Lights - and they do not appear to do their All Seasons (yellowish fog light) bulbs in H8 fitting.

Has anyone been able to track down an alternative source of H8 yellowish bulbs as importing the yellow film from the US could be dearer

funnily enough I changed mine last weekend. one of my bulbs went so i spent ages trying to find upgrade H8 bulbs on the net and at halfords and all I could find were the ones above so I had to just buy standard from my dealer (I thing halfords had some too though). But yes they definitely are H8...and you'll need a star screwdriver to remove the driver side lamp (well I had to on my elegance anyway) because theres a tow-bar atatchment thing in the way behind the grille. On the other side its simple - you just pull the grille away, reach around, twist the bulb and pull it out. Its fairly easy anyways and the full switch took under 5 minutes.