A Challange to the Briskoda Folding Team

marty9876

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my machines has been working on the same unit since the 20th nov.. and it's only done 38% :(

It's not the fastest machine in the world but damn thats slow progress...

Is the FAHlog file confirming that it's going OK? I.e. it tells you the time between completing 1%. The longest I ever had on my 1600AMD was about 2 hours to do 1%. Took well over a week to do 1 work unit.

Is the FAHlog file confirming that it's going OK? I.e. it tells you the time between completing 1%. The longest I ever had on my 1600AMD was about 2 hours to do 1%. Took well over a week to do 1 work unit.

Oh it's making slow progress... this machine is the slowest one I have here... taking it about 9hrs per 1% :)

hhmm...

The Outcasts

Active CPUs within 50 days 434

Points 24hr Avg 32,660

Briskoda.net

Active CPUs within 50 days 198

Points 24hr Avg 11,559

Don't think we stand a chance here guys... :(

Not unless some one has a nice big cluster we could use :D

Briskoda.net

Active CPUs within 50 days 215

Points 24hr Avg 13,757

Our average has seen a healthy increase :)

The Outcasts are still over 27 days away :D

The original challenge from Outcasts was made on 26/11, and they were predicting an overtake in 30 days.

So lets hope we can hold them off until Boxing day at least - its looking good so far!

The original challenge from Outcasts was made on 26/11, and they were predicting an overtake in 30 days.

So lets hope we can hold them off until Boxing day at least - its looking good so far!

I see that the trend line is now pointing up again.:thumbup:

We still need more active folders to keep them at bay for as long as possible.

Yes we need more folders, I can do no more. I am running flat out on whats available to me.

Manny, you are doing a great job!:thumbup: I am in the same boat as you, where I cannot use any more machines than I am. I have to keep many of them back at 50% so as not interfere with peoples work.

A look at the top producers list on Extreme often shows the same names consistently. We have had quite a few new members recently, and many of them are doing really well.:thumbup:

What we need is to get some of the inactive folders back up and running.:)

Hello, Hello!!!!

So, bad place for Ford vs. Chevy posts? :rofl:

Well, as of this post per EOC +22 days left to overtake. You all have a net PPD increase of 2,313 since challange date.

SWEET!!!! :) Great job everyone, but it's not over.... Just light up a little something else for you all so we will see if the Outcasts cant' shave off 12 days or so!

Yes we need more folders, I can do no more. I am running flat out on whats available to me.

If it didn't make my PC run red hot I would still be folding......knocking back the cpu percentage only made the whole thing very unstable, so until the folding group sorts out a decent program I will not be folding.

• 2 weeks later...
If it didn't make my PC run red hot I would still be folding......knocking back the cpu percentage only made the whole thing very unstable, so until the folding group sorts out a decent program I will not be folding.

Well a cpu running at 100% will generate some heat :)

Which folding client where you using? I've found the windows service one to be much more stable, even when throttled back.

Having a bit of a push over xmas

got my 24 avg up to 1200 :thumbup:

just removed my dual cpu and gpu pc from the living room due to lack of use vs space it takes up

i might set it up as a folding rig and leave it on and see what that does to my scores

I noticed you were on a bit of a charge Mr Garner!:eek: Nice one:thumbup:

Ok, so I have been running this since I got my new PC up and running but it only appears to be running at 50%, how can I increase this? Also where do you get the little stats box from?!

Ok, so I have been running this since I got my new PC up and running but it only appears to be running at 50%, how can I increase this? Also where do you get the little stats box from?!

[looks into crystal ball] Bet you have a dual core PC.

What you need to do is this:

1) Start a new folder in C: called "folding2" or simlar. :D

2) copy/paste the folding.exe into the new folder (assuming you run client, not graphical thing)

3) crank up this .exe and run through the process BUT SEE BELOW BEFORE YOU DO

4) When you get to when it asks "machine ID" - type in 2, NOT 1. :thumbup:

5) go through usual computer management - tasks, and "start" the second folding task.

Then you will have 2 lots of folding running. :)

Stats box is from the extreme overclockers website. If you google for it, there's a guide in there how to get the box in your signature.

OK Outcasts, still another week to go before you get us!:P

There was no way we could outrun you, but I don't think we did too bad keeping you at bay for this long, especially with the small percentage of active folders.:thumbup:

We seem to be starting to reach an equilibrium position in the rankings - we are alternately overtaking and being overtaken and it looks like it will stay that way for a while.

Production seems to have been falling again which is a pity. :(

If its a hyperthreading cpu then it will only show 50% due to the way the CPU works. Rest assured your cpu is running flat out.

If its a dual core then you need to install 2 versions of the console client, in different folders. Run 1 as cpu 1 and the 2nd as cpu 2. Instructions are at the top of the forum.