Just curious: Fog light and Full beam

I hate idiots driving with fog lights on. I see people of all ages drive cars with foggies on in day light and clear weather,I can imagine some just don't know they have them on:eek: ....these people should pay a fine.....they won't "not know again"

Ch4vs in there ch4v mobiles who have fog lights on also should pay a fine, should be publically humiliated and have thier licenses taken off them.

I find land rover dirvers to be the worst offenders

:thumbup: Fantastic...You are now on my Xmas card list.

they all do it as standard if they have them in the bumpers. A mate of mine has one. So it's not illegal, otherwise Peugeot would not have wired it up like that.

Thats because its not illegal in France. They didnt change it for here!!

The peugeot 106 does indeed have driving lights, i do however hate tw@ts with fog lights, they get treated to flashing of my fog lights, horn and full beams

:D I do that too. Main beam, and fogs get flashed their way. Works about 33% of the time though :(

The law states 24" from the ground for them to be classed as driving lamps. Any less, they are fog lights and must be turned on with a switch and then only in reduced visibility of less than 100 metres.

In case youre arguing about this. This is LAW !!:thumbup:

So why could you get new minis with full beams and fogs on the grille :S

Please don't tar all of us with the same brush. Some opf us use Land Rovers for thier designed purpose, not just the school run:D

If its clean then its a chelsea tractor:mad:

If its dirty its absolutly fine for it to be on the public road:thumbup:

MkIV Golfs have the fogs in the main headlight unit (and they're crap!) I spose they must just be within the dimensions. The headlights on the Golf are likely lower than the front spoiler fogs on the very annoying new Range Rover and Cayenne with the lovely xenon headlights that bore through your skull from 2 miles away.

Hi,

A friend of mine owns a 106 Gti and whenever he puts his full beam on his fog also comes on. I asked how he did that but apparently it came as std with the gti. and i was like :D This looks a bit funkey..

Just out of curiousity... How would that be wired up? If someone were to do it on the fabia...

-John

If everyone joined in and put their main beams UP when faced with oncoming cars using illegal driving/fog lights, then I am sure we would get rid of most of them. They are damned annoying whether they are filling your mirror or approaching you. Equally annoying are inconsiderate 4x4 users who drive right behind you filling your car and mirrors with their powerful high mounted dipped headlights.....DB :mad: :mad:

4x4 users who drive right behind you filling your car and mirrors with their powerful high mounted dipped headlights.....DB :mad: :mad:

I would change the 4x4 bit to SUV as you might offend some of the 4x4 users on here :P (Also, 4x4 is just the drivetrain, not the type of car:D )

Question:

Do you think you should be able to put on your fog lights when you want to?

So long as you don't cause dazzle/inconvenience to other road users I don't really see a problem with it. Much like running illegal higher wattage main beam bulbs.....

Chris

If everyone joined in and put their main beams UP when faced with oncoming cars using illegal driving/fog lights, then I am sure we would get rid of most of them. They are damned annoying whether they are filling your mirror or approaching you. Equally annoying are inconsiderate 4x4 users who drive right behind you filling your car and mirrors with their powerful high mounted dipped headlights.....DB :mad: :mad:

And use 100w+ full beams to do it :rofl:

-John

Here we go my old mini, to the spec that it rolled out of the factory, 2 driving lamps that came on with main beam to illuminate the road 10 ft in front of you rather than just the normal 3ft, and 2 fog lamps, both sets mounted at the same height, the fogs on a seperate switch whic was only active with at least the side lights, Height above the ground of both sets i would guess about 18".11965d1163448137-image-052-1.jpg

Hey up

I have wired up my front fogs to come on with full beam, didn't know it was illegal.

thought that if no-one is front of you who cares. As for the light pattern, easily fixed. Remove the deflector in lense, thus giving you a wider pattern. The comment about the saxo with fogs on during the day. What is the point?????????

Overall if you want a better light, get a set of HID's. what a difference.