Fabia VRS vs. the world

rico

LOL at the race comment unless your on a track and both drivers are fully engaged in driving up to any speed with total disregard to other road users safety then its impossible to say you have beaten another car.

Remember at the end of the day no matter what car you drive White van man will always overtake you. ;-).

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone says that a VRS is fast, it is just their opinion. What does 'fast' actually mean? In order to say that something is fast, you need something else to compare it with. Therefore for people that have upgraded to a VRS, it will be a fast car. However for someone who's used to supercars, then a VRS will seem slow. Therefore to say that a car (whatever it is) is fast, doesn't actually mean anything!

To sum up... a VRS is a reliable car that offers good value for money, and good performance for the money (relative to other cars that are sold for similar money).

When someone says that a VRS is fast, it is just their opinion. What does 'fast' actually mean? In order to say that something is fast, you need something else to compare it with. Therefore for people that have upgraded to a VRS, it will be a fast car. However for someone who's used to supercars, then a VRS will seem slow. Therefore to say that a car (whatever it is) is fast, doesn't actually mean anything!

To sum up... a VRS is a reliable car that offers good value for money, and good performance for the money (relative to other cars that are sold for similar money).

Thats what iv said all along. read my previous posts :thumbup:

the Fabia vRS is no quicker than the average diesel rep mobile? ;)

Yes, SRI stands for Standard Regular Impotent?!?

isn't SRI a top spec... and about £19k new?

Plus the 318/320i is the standard rep car now - and Furbie vRS munches them.

for the money (new), you will struggle to get a cheaper (insurance, fuel, tax) car with the same performance...

That's why it's top of the class. (small hot hatch).

D

I fully agree with the Value for money aspect of the VRs and relative performance which you can buy new for that price range. But beyond that its not fast, FYI I consider 6 seconds (which is what the 20v Turbo Coupe does std) to be a fair benchmark then again its the 0-100mph which really shows how fast a car is and for me anything which does it in under 11 seconds is fast under 15 seconds quite fast 20 seconds getting quite slow now and then 20-25 seconds um not good at all.

Guess where the VRS sits in that time? yes 20-25 seconds remapped or not.

That said I like the car but please dont think its the best thing since sliced bread it isnt its good value for money and for comp car drivers represents very cheap monthly tax bills. For *****/youths well its cheap to buy and is as quick as the VTR used to be.

I fully agree with the Value for money aspect of the VRs and relative performance which you can buy new for that price range. But beyond that its not fast, FYI I consider 6 seconds (which is what the 20v Turbo Coupe does std) to be a fair benchmark then again its the 0-100mph which really shows how fast a car is and for me anything which does it in under 11 seconds is fast under 15 seconds quite fast 20 seconds getting quite slow now and then 20-25 seconds um not good at all.

That said I like the car but please dont think its the best thing since sliced bread it isnt its good value for money and for comp car drivers represents very cheap monthly tax bills. For *****/youths well its cheap to buy and is as quick as the VTR used to be.

so in day to day driving, which is in what context im referring to it being reasonably quick, do u do 0-100? thought so, u tend to accellerate from i.e 30mph to 70mph, which to be honest if you are going to overtake someone, they havent really got a chance to stop you, unless there in a performance car.

cheezemonkhai

Hee hee... what have we created?? :rofl:

As for me racing - never. Seriously I dont get into such things... Too many acquaintances having bad stories and friends in both police and the ambulance story keep my feet well on the ground...

This was an organised acceleration (vs. a cooper S and a 1997 535i) on a clear stretch of autobahn on my twice yearly commutes to Switzerland...

Rico - get a grip, ignore it if you have to and go back to not posting... Cheers...

PS My car did beat both the mini and BMW to 110mph, from a rolling start @ 40. I completely agree that this is perfect for the furby as it only changes gear once... But it did do it...

Argue on...

Why are u on a Skoda forum if u cant credit the car?

Who said anything about not crediting the car? I'm just putting it's "quickness" into perspective .... it's no quicker than your average diesel rep-mobile. Where it wins out is that, as a new buy, it's a lot of power, economy and cheap to insure tax, etc for the money....

Chris

Haha. 20-25!!! Nice and accurate!

Remapped vs standard is quite a difference.

Std i agree - 23seconds

Remapped around 18... Relatively fast...

so in day to day driving, which is in what context im referring to it being reasonably quick, do u do 0-100? thought so, u tend to accellerate from i.e 30mph to 70mph, which to be honest if you are going to overtake someone, they havent really got a chance to stop you, unless there in a performance car.

Trust me if a car is quick in the 0-100 it will be quick in the 30-100.

In normal driving along the M4 corridor with all the stop starts trust me you do do a lot of 0-100 or 10-100 jaunts mainly due to the fact you are so annoyed with the flow of traffic etc.

As for overtaking on A roads well I have a nice peak of 270lbf at 2,800rpm but a plateau of 250 lbf from just under 2000rpm all the way to beyond 6400rpm. Then of course I have the 280hp coming in at 6.5-6.8k rpm.

Note I do not consider my car to be that quick - its fast yes but there are plenty of cars which are much faster.

Haha. 20-25!!! Nice and accurate!

Remapped vs standard is quite a difference.

Std i agree - 23seconds

Remapped around 18... Relatively fast...

An 18 second car vs a 14 second car is a different league. I mean 4 seconds would mean I'm 587 foot further down the road in a std version of my car with the tuned version I have your looking at probably near on 12.8 seconds so thats 5.2 seconds quicker that would result in me being 763 foot ahead of you.

Thats a world of difference especially as I do not consider my car to be that fast - note the current Porche 911S would be 1247 foot ahead of you!!!:eek:

An 18 second car vs a 14 second car is a different league. I mean 4 seconds would mean I'm 587 foot further down the road in a std version of my car with the tuned version I have your looking at probably near on 12.8 seconds so thats 5.2 seconds quicker that would result in me being 763 foot ahead of you.

Thats a world of difference especially as I do not consider my car to be that fast - note the current Porche 911S would be 1247 foot ahead of you!!!:eek:

and your point is?

Look up the majority of cars 0-100 on the road and then say 18 seconds isnt fast.

I know there are quicker cars... Who doesnt? Thats not the point...

obviously if u dont consider 12.8 secs fast, its just you that has no idea what fast actually is.

obviously if u dont consider 12.8 secs fast, its just you that has no idea what fast actually is.

Well trust me you get used to it very quickly, I have been caught out a few times in lesser cars when I have gone to overtake in my car with total ease I just cannot over take in say a 1.6/1.8ltr even hitting the limiter.

Ive driven the 996 Turbo and that is alarmingly fast (the uprated 450hp version) it pulls as hard at 135mph in 6th as mine does in 3rd at 60mph. However after driving that on the track I had more fun driving a single seater formula Renault which only had a 1.8ltr ford zetec engine!

All,

This thread was not created to have a go at the fabia vrs. I just wanted to voice my concern regarding all these vs. threads, that were annoying me. I stated the fabia a good car in its own right, just that it isnt a fast car everyone makes it out to be. Im sure skoda didnt intend it to be a sports car...

Please can this thread be closed... as its not what i intended to happen.

Rico