Fabia VRS vs. the world

rico

My standard 2.0 BMW beat a remapped Fabia vRS :P

edit: I am telling the truth btw.

edit again: I am sure remapping mine would make it a little more fairer to ;)

utter balls, even the one series bmw in 2.0 runs abour 0-60 in 8.4 a remapped fabia has better midrange torque and runs 0-60 in about 7.6 secs. so when i get my Fabia mapped, ill race ya. and u can map ur N/A car cos it doesnt really do naff all anyway. :mad:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

utter balls, even the one series bmw in 2.0 runs abour 0-60 in 8.4 a remapped fabia has better midrange torque and runs 0-60 in about 7.6 secs. so when i get my Fabia mapped, ill race ya. and u can map ur N/A car cos it doesnt really do naff all anyway. :mad:

What makes you think Walkie has an N/A engine? :confused:

Chris

My standard 2.0 BMW beat a remapped Fabia vRS :P

edit: I am telling the truth btw.

edit again: I am sure remapping mine would make it a little more fairer to ;)

NO CHANCE!!! MY MANAGER AT WORK HAS A 320I COMPACT AND MY FABIA WASTES IT. HE DOESNT TRY ANYMORE AND REFERS TO MY FABIA AS THE TIME MACHINE, BLINK AND ITS GONE.

Hey! I replied to this woeful thread ages ago and it hasn't been included!

a Fabia vRS is not faster than a BMW 535. Stop being silly now. Neither is it faster than most of the high powered vehicles that have been mentioned in this thread.

I run a standard Octavia vRS and I've never had a problem pulling away from Fabia vRS's on the motorway. The only small diesel that's ever given me a bit of competition is a Seat Ibiza. Fast as Fook.

To suggest that Fabia vRS's are as fast as anything else on the road is purest buffoonery.

What on earth makes you think re-mapping a Fabia will knock 2 seconds off its 0-60 time?

Do you have any idea of the extra horsepower requirements to gain 2 seconds from a standing start? and then cope with the traction issues particularly being FWD?

And even then the quoted 0-60 is done by proffesional drivers in perfect conditions and highly unlikely to be matched by any of us. (that is of course assuming it isn't a theoretical 0-60)

Of course your better mid-range torque is totally negated by the fact you run out of revs at 4k rpm as well and have to keep changing gears!

:wave:

My standard, 2.0, unfettled beemer runs 0-60 in 7.9 secs, thats BMW's figures, not some guestimate like yours.

if it has a book of 7.9 to 60, then its most probably a 320D? or 120D? more probably the latter?

But then im sure more dremers will be along and say, the VRS is "actually" much less than 9.5, nearer 8 as the VW group just decided to to make it look slower on paper, but didnt do this with any other models.

I was, but then I was at home.

Now I'm at work again it mildly stimulates me. :P

Dont get me wrong, was just curious...! :thumbup:

How is BMW ownership treating you...? And you just couldnt stay away from the Derv could ya!! Nice motor btw, not that you need my bored self stating it...

:wave:

My standard, 2.0, unfettled beemer runs 0-60 in 7.9 secs, thats BMW's figures, not some guestimate like yours.

beg to differ mine is a guesstimate, thats tried and tested in my friends remapped VRS at a track day and is was an official 0-60 recording :finger:.

As per my previous statment, ur 2.0 bmw, now im aware its diesel, different stats! So your car has 160bhp and weighs slightly less than a Fabia, now if your car is standard, and you raced a remapped fabia, pushing probably 180 bhp, statistically you cant win, unless the driver of the mapped fabia is blindfolded So therefore ur previous statement was utter ball still.

On the other hand if you mapped your, no doubt you would win, as you would probably see similar gains.

As per my previous statment, ur 2.0 bmw, now im aware its diesel, different stats! So your car has 160bhp and weighs slightly less than a Fabia, now if your car is standard, and you raced a remapped fabia, pushing probably 180 bhp, statistically you cant win

There's more to how fast a car is than its power to weight ratio! Like, how well it puts the power down, the gear ratio's, speed it can carry through corners, etc. :rolleyes:

Chris

beg to differ mine is a guesstimate, thats tried and tested in my friends remapped VRS at a track day and is was an official 0-60 recording :finger:.

As per my previous statment, ur 2.0 bmw, now im aware its diesel, different stats! So your car has 160bhp and weighs slightly less than a Fabia, now if your car is standard, and you raced a remapped fabia, pushing probably 180 bhp, statistically you cant win, unless the driver of the mapped fabia is blindfolded So therefore ur previous statement was utter ball still.

On the other hand if you mapped your, no doubt you would win, as you would probably see similar gains.

I believe most remapped Fabia's to be pushing 170bhp realistically and mine 163bhp so the margin is tighter than you think.

Also my car makes full use of its rear wheel drive, never brakes traction, even in the wet. Although you can drift around roundabouts, but thats prevoking it.

Anyway, was tried and tested with a Jabba remapped Fabia vRS, that's why I said it.

On a lighter note if you had stuck that middle finger up infront of me, I would of broken it for you :) So please keep it civil or don't bother posting.

Sonic - Your right, couldn't ditch the derv, love the way turbo'd derv power comes in, and love good MPG for driving briskly. Getting on really well with it mate, the 50:50 weight distribution and rear wheel drive make for an entertaining ride. I love all the little different things that separate it from other cars as well.

I'd like to add I am not knocking the Fabia vRS with my posts (like many) I used to own a modified one and loved it, cracking cars :thumbup:

I'd like to add I am not knocking the Fabia vRS with my posts (like many) I used to own a modified one and loved it, cracking cars :thumbup:

I completely agree with this. I had one not so long ago, and spent lots of money on it getting it to perform the way it did. The car in itself is fantastic and for what you can do to it, becomes a steady quick car.

Just some of the claims going around get a bit annoying.

You'er right, it's not fast (having driven Scooby STi's, E55 AMGs, Ferrari 348s etc etc).

But it bloody feels like it is! :thumbup:

Although... anyone seen the Evo review of the Fiat Panda 100Hp? They really rate it, and it's only 10K... maybe worth considering as a replacement, cos it's light, cheaper insurance, engineered by Ferrari blokes and has just GOT to be better than the slow, smoky, heavy vRS...

:sofahide:

Aha! He's running a 320d.....note the letter D on the end. When you were ranting on about beating vRS's in your 320 I didn't believe you but now I do. The 320i PETROL is a slug, period. The diesel however is rather tasty. RWD is great for traction as when you boot it the weight shifts backwards and presses down more on the rear wheels.

I was looking at getting a 320d but for 9k they were all starship mileage. Yes the engine goes forever but the gearbox, diff, suspension and brakes don't.

Aha! He's running a 320d

120d (M-Sport)

Yes the engine goes forever but the gearbox, diff, suspension and brakes don't.

They'd certainly last longer than a Skodas, how many old Skodas (or VW's if you wanna play it that way) do you still see on the roads compared to old beemers? not many.

Id just like to add, fiar point if your not knocking it, then why did u just come out with, my standard bmw is faster, what i also dont get, not just aimed at you.....why there are ex VRS owners and all they do is come on here, say ow slow the fabia is n then say there not slating it, e.g scooby chris and LCR whatever, i mean i really dont get why ur still on here if u dont own VRS's? whats point, u say ur not slating it when really thats all u do and finish ur sentence with that.

Really guys this is one of the worst forums iv been on EVER!

I believe most remapped Fabia's to be pushing 170bhp realistically and mine 163bhp so the margin is tighter than you think.

Also my car makes full use of its rear wheel drive, never brakes traction, even in the wet. Although you can drift around roundabouts, but thats prevoking it.

Anyway, was tried and tested with a Jabba remapped Fabia vRS, that's why I said it.

On a lighter note if you had stuck that middle finger up infront of me, I would of broken it for you :) So please keep it civil or don't bother posting.

Sonic - Your right, couldn't ditch the derv, love the way turbo'd derv power comes in, and love good MPG for driving briskly. Getting on really well with it mate, the 50:50 weight distribution and rear wheel drive make for an entertaining ride. I love all the little different things that separate it from other cars as well.

In fairness iv been a co*k wi u, apologies, but im very annoyed at the fact of so many people bringing the car down (Fabia VRS), not so much urself, but a few certain members on here. Nice car, sorry for bein a cu*t.

I am tryin to be grown up about this, glad to see you are too. ;)

Back on to the car, even if it was 170bhp it shud still be faster or atleast equal, no way should it be slower IMO.

I have recentley handed back a company BMW 120D (opted out of the company car scheme) and purchased a VRS-standard for the moment at least and so far i am more than happy with it subjectively at least it feels at least as quick as the 1 Series and much more fun.In real terms neither car is that quick but both are fast enough to be fun.I do not subscribe to the rearwheel drive argument(unless we are talking REALLY powerfull cars). By the way i also have a Caterham 7 Roadsport for serious fun and trackdays etc and therefore believe that that i know a little about fast cars and the pros and cons of FWD/RWD etc.