Courtesy car?

Neilg

Most main dealers would give a courtesy car to reduce the inconvenience you suffer as a result of the dud car they sold you. I'd push for one, you need one day to day etc, who is going to pay for the taxi costs etc. Most places will give in after some pushing.

When I had my Passat in for warranty work, they needed it in for 3-4 days, so they gave me a rental car.:confused:

They said that they have to invoice VW for warranty work and if they gave me a rental car, not only could they could claim back the money from VW, but it kept one of their courtesy cars available.

It also meant that they gave me an identical car to mine, :thumbup: , not a little Lupo or something.

I found this in Skoda UK's FAQs:

Can Skoda supply me with a courtesy vehicle while my car is being serviced?

All Škoda retailers operate courtesy cars, however, they are subject to availability and prior appointment. To find out about availability, contact your local local retailer.

not a little Lupo or something.

nowt wrong with Lupos ;)

although it was a bit odd when they gave me a 9N2 Polo as a courtesy car when my Loop was in!

that's true!

although, with the seats down, they're not bad!

had a whole PA system in mine!

doesn't quite beat the whole band I had in my Vento (4 people, plus a drum kit, two guitars, a bass, plus amps for all three!)