Results of todays detailing session

Had a booking for yest with Iain at FinerDetails which we agreed to swap into today. The weather for today looked for more promising, and the detail had to be done outdoors! Two cars to be done in the day, my Octy vRS with minor swirling, and the wifes Polo needed just a one step protection.

Iain turned up at 8.55am and never took a break, he must have got back home with a bladder like a spacehopper, minus the horns.

First job was the DP Foam rinse and wash, used a one bucket rinse method with the DP foam. The Oct was then clayed using Pinnacle Poly Clay. Both cars dried with Cobra Guzzler.

Once dry, The polo was treated to Poly-Seal One Step product (on test from Ron at Motorgeek) and whilst this cured the vRS was taped with 3m and had the PDG readings done. The Poly-Seal is a good one step cleaner and is sealant based rather than wax. Iain currently has this on the van, so decided to use on a small car to test more durability. :thumb: The Poly-Seal was also used on the alloys of both cars.

The vRS was deswirled with the Metabo, a Wolfgang Polishing Pad and Pinnacle Swirl Remover. This was then treated to Pinnacle Adavanced Finishing Polish from a finishing pad on the Metabo.

Topped with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant via a finishing Pad on the PC, and Dp Max Wax as final LSP. Tyres treated with Armor All Gel, Glass with Stoners Invisible Glass, Arches with Poorboys Bold n Brite.

For those interested in seeing the RallyFlaps, here they are minus logo's. You can see a little glue residue on the rallyflpas, not Iains fault, more muppetry from myself, all cleaned off now though with some WD40 and growing on me I must say.

Pictures below are from iain, I will add some of my hi-res ones from photobucket in a bit once I have zapped the no plate out of the picture. I must admit, I'm a happy guy and would reccomend Iain and Finer Details 100%

Polo

Before:

eb18dd92.jpg

eb18dda9.jpg

eb18dd99.jpg

After:

eb18dc4d.jpg

eb18dd7e.jpg

eb18dc91.jpg

eb18dc8d.jpg

eb18dc7d.jpg

eb18dbb2.jpg

vRS

Befores

eb18de7f.jpg

eb18de80.jpg

eb18de7d.jpg

PDG and Swirling:

eb18dacd.jpg

eb18dbaa.jpg

eb18db0a.jpg

Afters:

eb18d9c7.jpg

eb18d974.jpg

eb18da72.jpg

eb18daa5.jpg

eb18d961.jpg

eb18d90b.jpg

eb18da78.jpg

eb18d9fc.jpg

Thanks for reading

Yeoww! Those cars are Clean !!!!!!!

Rally mudflaps? Much better without the logo; It gives them a cleaner look and makes them appear longer (or perhaps the logos made them look shorter); one or the other? Dare I Say the logos were a bit naff - you have the one on the bootlid and don't need four more.

Any idea how much they will cost once 'in production'?

The cars look great, but doesn't it really hurt when you set off for work tomorrow and 3 miles down the road it's all ruined?

I just put mine through the £1.25 Asda car wash during the winter!

Dan

The cars look great, but doesn't it really hurt when you set off for work tomorrow and 3 miles down the road it's all ruined?

I just put mine through the

What was the cost for the Octy if you don't mind me asking ?, fancy having the swirls removed from my black one in spring :D

Get yourself a Porter Cable and you can do it yourself, or find someone who's got one and they may help you do it :thumbup:

Get yourself a Porter Cable and you can do it yourself, or find someone who's got one and they may help you do it :thumbup:

And if you want to find out what a porter cable is and more info for looking after your car try Here

• 1 year later...