Fabia vRS vs Smart Roadster Brabus

SteVRs

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the car, expected a flaming (my bro calls it the gaymobile :rofl: ) so it's pleasant to see some nice posts.

Yout brothers right, HTH ;) :P

I actually quite like them , shhhhh:surprised:

The Smartclub is THE site for smart owners, it's the oldest and the most respected. The roadie is ok if you fit in it. I nearly bought one of the original LHDs but my head pokes over the screen with the roof off, and to get out I have to paddle my hands across the pavement to drag my legs out.

I agree with your brother ... it's a car for (short) gays, but we'll all probably envy you when the sun comes out.

Just because I've done well for myself and own a car worth 6 times the value of yours no need to persistant **** (choose what you will for that space)

(that is a comment to be taken lightly)

whats this about? provoking slightly?

please please grow up. please moderators stop this thread.

I won't be taking any party in this thread again. PM if you wish to go on with the insults

PMSL love threads like these :rofl:

:Another thing is where are the moderators? I could write here I think all Vrs owers are total ***** nothing would happen (note that is purely for illustrative purposes Mr Moderator & other users in this forum) most other quality car forums any rubbish etc the thread is deleted and users are warned and can/are deleted as users.

;)

The world would be a really boring place with so much censorship old bean, this thread is the beauty of Brisky, and as shifty rightly points out, personal censorship is but a click away:rofl: :rofl: but why miss out:P toodle pip

whats this about? provoking slightly?

please please grow up. please moderators stop this thread.

I won't be taking any party in this thread again. PM if you wish to go on with the insults

he has a beemer. what else has to be said ;)
Why was this posted? You started the provoking with this comment.

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

Shifty - wheres that ignore button? :)

My sis in law has a smart, its great. I even fit at 6'6" too! very nippy round town, chuckable round corners and effortless to drive... Downpoints- auto gearbox takes an age to select/make decision (slightly scary at timers)

Can only imagine the handling, nippiness on a Brabus one... :thumbup:

Also, as I never tire of hearing, they are made by Mercedes... :)

sorry to spoil the flow of this thread... Back on topic - you're all cocks...

Continue...

It's amazing how a thread like this degenerates at times into a slanging match.

Nice car the Smart Brabus, looks like it would put a smile on your face. Begrudgers say they are a bit :gay: ( I had the same reaction to the MX-5 I used to have). If you enjoy the car, then I wish you many happy hours of driving, and thanks for the review :thumbup:

sorry to spoil the flow of this thread... Back on topic - you're all cocks...

Continue...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too many rofls but it made me laugh!

I've already managed to sell my tuning box and strut brace for

Why was this posted? You started the provoking with this comment.

it's a joke....anyone can see that. thats what the wink was for yes...right. also I did say it was to be taken ligh heartedly

then you steam roll in and shout out that you have a car 6 x times the value of mine....jesus talk about wound up. and then you go on to call me a persistant xxxx (obviously not chum:rofl: )

Now i'm sorry you flipped out big time, im sorry. you did well to try to cover your anger up by saying it was light hearted, but this could not possibly due to the nature of the statement before this.

end

Yes, a company called Kimber in Wales are manufacturing it and badging it AC - not sure how similar it's likely to be - initial drawings indicate it's pretty different in appearance. Not sure about dates either...

• 3 months later...

Got My Brabus Roadster Coupe (Xclusive) about a month ago (for the benefit of previous posts selling my BMW in the process).

Wife still has Fabia VRS so imagine my interest when I found this post with this title.

Never thought I'd by a soft top car the size of a Shoe (or a Skoda!!!) but here I am.

Its probable been around 10 years since I have just grabbed my keys and gone for a drive for fun. In those years me or the wife have owned. Polo GTI, SportKA, 306 GTI-6, 309 GTI Goodwood, E30 M3, 328 Sport, Impreza P1.

Thats how good this car is. :rofl: You really have more fun with less power.

Both cars complement one another and both are a good fun. Both are economical. Brabus first couple of fill ups at around 48 mpg and recent one with losts of town commuting is around 43 mpg.

Yout brothers right, HTH ;) :P
tbh maybe i was a bit premature i thaught when steve got it it would last 2 minutes and he would get bored especialy as he has an evil comute to work every day. Anything which can hold his attention this long must be quite good and having been in it on quite a long drive it suprised me with how well it go's and handles,i could never do any real distance in it at 6ft and 17 and a bit stone but not everyone is a fat b*****d like me .Swmbo can't wait till he gets bored with it because she wants it after him.:D

Anything which can hold his attention this long must be quite good and having been in it on quite a long drive it suprised me with how well it go's and handles

Still loving it & it got more attention than a Porsche Cayman S at the petrol station the other day :thumbup:

I've never driven a car that makes me feel so individual - parked up at the gym the other day I heard a posh old fella say 'You see that's a very special car. You see Brabus...' before he went out of earshot. Everyone has an opinion & every time it's parked someone's having a nosey when I get back to it, especially if the roof's off.

I've pretty much got to grips with the handling but haven't found the dry limit yet - it oversteers in the wet if you overcook it (but I don't turn the ESP off unless it's dry) but it's always controllable. In the dry theres so much rear grip (thanks to the 225 17s) that it actually understeers thanks to being lighter at the front (only 205 17s) unless you've got real beans on & then it seems to have no limit (at least not that I've got the bottle to find with the ESP turned off!!!). On a decent B road it'd show the furby a clean pair of heels (though on a motorway it's obviously a way away from my old tweaked furby).

Fuel economy is comparable provided I stay below 85 - it really drops off as you approach 100 :thumbdwn: & the group 14 insurance is obviously an annoyance.

I guess the moral of the story is that I was really struggling to replace the Fabia & by going completely different in every way I don't regret it one bit (although costs are higher). If I'd bought another hot/warm hatch I'd have missed the Fabia though - I've still yet to drive a FWD car as accomplished all round despite what the haters say :finger:

That should stir a debate! :D

On a decent B road it'd show the furby a clean pair of heels
unless i was driving it .:thumbup:Let me have a bash i could show you the dry limit in 2 seconds flat,you may not have anything to drive home but at least you would know:rofl:

i looked at a roadster last week but by the time i got there a deposit had been put on it.i love the thrum of 3 cyl engines. reminds me of a mates dads charade back in the 80,s

At 19, I can afford the Insurance for a Fabia vRS, Leon Cupra R, Civic Type R... But not for a bloody Smart Coupe :( LOL ... Ridiculous what a name does.

Well... I can get insured, but don't fancy paying

I've always liked the Smart Coupes, really lovelly looking cars. Prefer the one with the full roof mind.

Would be nice to even think about buying one, but its not practical for me.

I'm starting to see alot of LE vRS's about, and keep wondering if I made the right decision (bought a Suzuki swift sport instead after waiting too long) but whenever I go on a twisty road it gets me smiling like no car has done before.

However looking at the computer is not so nice. 31mpg - average over 600miles, from a 1.6! :(

I like the look of those new Susuki Swifts too (Quite a big car, Tall). Thought about maybe wifes next car after furby but difficult to come away from diesel.

She used to have a SportKa before. 1.6 8v. That was thirsty too.

Find it hard to believe Brabus Roadster is more expensive than Furby to insure. When I swapped from BMW the insurance company gave me