Group buy : Dubmeister pressed alloy show plates

schrickvr6

*****GO GO GO GB IS NOW LIVE !!!!*****

Orders can be placed over the phone or online, *important* if you order online you must enter "Briskoda GB" and your phone number in the comments box.

I think one week is a reasonable amount of time for everyone to get their orders in...

Cheers

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*****GO GO GO GB IS NOW LIVE !!!!*****

Orders can be placed over the phone or online, *important* if you order online you must enter "Briskoda GB" and your phone number in the comments box.

I think one week is a reasonable amount of time for everyone to get their orders in...

Cheers

Excellent stuff Sire! I'll be ordering mine tomorrow (as Mrs Q is watching ;))

Got an email back from dubmeister regarding the czech stickers, they say they could possibly start producing the czech stickers if there was enough interest, ie at least 10.

Very surprsied nobody on here has asked for them before, anybody know where we could find some decent examples or be interested in this at all?

like http://www.olavsplates.com/submissions/cz_dd00529.jpg

The thing with these stickers is that it is only a step away (just add a white plate at the back) from a 100% pretend foreign car. And we all know that the safety partnership does not like foreigners (read: fine evading, non-insured Eastern European drivers).

I'm already pushing my luck as far as I'm concerned so going the full monty is a sure way to get a fine...

Are we allowed by law to split the letters/numbers like in that linky example, eg mine would look like this... HY0 (space) 6*** with the emblames in the middle?

I can offer some info regarding what the local constabulary have been told about these new foreign looking plates. They have been told by the powers above that these new style of plates may look foreign but indeed they are UK plates. No further mention of whether they should advise car owners to remove them.

This is for the pressed ones, not what I was asking about in my previous post. :)

I've just noticed there is a week for people to get orders in.

Does this mean they won't be dispatched until after this?

I move house at the end of the month and would obviously like them to come to the correct address.

Just one more question if I may? I've just been looking on the website and the surrounds are being marketed as a way to fix your plate without the use of tape or drilling the plates, now this may be a very silly question but how on earth do you mount the surrounds to the car then? Also, will I wreck anything by trying to remove my original plates?

Thanks

Pix, now scared :)

Purchased, bought 2 sets as well to add even more to the GB, says i'm being charged 66.50 though which I take will be reduced when somebody looks at the order.

Can't wait to see what they look like on the car now.

Am I correct in thinking that current style plates should have a space between the numbers and the last three letters?

ie AB07 ABC

Edit: I stopped being lazy and answered my own question!

A new registration mark format was introduced on 1 September 2001 for all new vehicles being registered. The new format consists of 2 letters, 2 numbers, space and 3 further letters. The first two letters denote the office where the mark was first issued, the two numbers are the age identifier, continuing to change every six months and the last three letters are the random element.

All you need to know at http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/documents/digitalasset/dg_065270.pdf and http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/documents/digitalasset/dg_065690.pdf