Briskoda stand at GTI International this year?

devonutopia

Finally had a reply. :D

Information being sent out to me by the end of the week. I suspect it will work a little like the Aquapel GB. I will basically start a list of people on a spreadsheet, with addresses and stuff, and as and when payment is sent to me, I'll get tickets sent out the week before the show, or something like that. I'll try and work it out a little like DaveU does for Trax. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally had a reply. :D

Information being sent out to me by the end of the week. I suspect it will work a little like the Aquapel GB. I will basically start a list of people on a spreadsheet, with addresses and stuff, and as and when payment is sent to me, I'll get tickets sent out the week before the show, or something like that. I'll try and work it out a little like DaveU does for Trax. :)

International works a bit differently I think! When I was on the Corrado Club Stand Last Year I just paid my Entry Fee and Turned up on the Stand!

Its All Done! Has been for about a week! Fook Me it's bloody Rapid!!!!:D

What was it prior to the engine transplant? I'm sure it is nice and quick. I'm impressed with the speed of mine, a 2.0L valver.

OK - right! Stop the tiddle taddle chatter and listen! :P ;)

This photo kind of describes how it works, and even I'm not 100% sure. First off, the form as per point 1. is already signed by moi and in an envelope heading back to MK tomorrow afternoon. ;) It would "appear" that I would have no real organisational work to do aside from keep everything bumped on here.

It seems to operate on an online system, so they will take my form and this will open up some form of "virtual" booking form for the Briskoda.net stand, and people can add themselves and pay them direct - Saves me getting involved as much as DaveU has to for Trax. :) :woot: :D

I believe therefore over time, there will be a "virtual" stand for briskoda on the organisers website - This is pretty cool I reckon.

Another thing - Ideas for banners and stuff would be cool. I had a PM from someone offering help, and I think it would be good to get the Briskoda.net stand looking good. The other side of the pic below says the club with the best stand gets £150 and a trophy from the show sponsors. :cool::thumbup:

Ideas on banners and the stand layout can follow but I suggest getting on with the planning nice and early. I know there are gazebos and stuff lying around. :D

SO, the upshot is, the club has a stand and it's going to be excellent. :cool:

DSCN1137.jpg

Jason, I think this a great idea for a cracking meet/weekend/camping, in fact I think this warrants a higher profile from Briskoda!!!. Good work J :thumbup:

1) Jason, devonutopia - Weekend

2.) Des, Delcac - Can I have the 1.4 class or is that a contradiction in terms.

3.) dsmithmobile

4.) Baker21

5.) Wardy (if a. I'm available and b. you want a Seat on the stand )

6.) vRS_Si (Happy to do Saturday if Jon wants to do Sunday) :thumbup:

7.) Jon TDI - Sunday only

8.)ItsOnlyMe_vRS weekend

9.) bryand - both days, commuting home in the evening

10) Makefish - probably both days, deffo up for the camping mullarky.

Sounds pretty good.

Must be a system they're running for this year. However, I've never been on a club stand before, only been as a "spectator".

They did have a competition last year for best club stand. UK-MIV's won it, so lets be a debutee club & beat them!! :D

A banner & gazebo would be good. Already have my Briskoda show plate decals from the 2005 VW Festival.

Any idea when the online form as to be completed by?, would love to do both nights but work rota is changing so not 100% when my saturday off will fall yet:(

From what I can gather, it will be right up to the day more or less, allowing them time to get your tickets and passes (etc) in the post to you. So I would say booking the weekend before would give them adequate time to get the tickets to you. :)

One advantage that is - I don't have to set a deadline - It's dictated by their websiute essentially. :cool:

I have one idea for the banner, I have a set of "flagpoles" that were made up using box section and my welding (and it's still holding too :eek: :rofl: )

These poles go together to form 2 10 foot high poles with ringlets at the 8 foot and 10 foot points. Have rope and allsorts to hold it all together. :) Just needs a banner which is at least 2 foot high, wdith irrelevant. Only thing is the bottom of is spiked so unless someone brings some huge buckets full of sand, it will only work on grass.... Not sure where the stands are going to be at Brunters but I suspect it will be on tarmac.... I do also have a DIY A-frame made up of plumbing fittings and steel chromey pipe. ;):rofl:

Edit: This was me and a mate trying to get the banner for my local car club up at the SW motorshow 2006. :D

DSCN0315.jpg

Is the big white gazebo available to us?.

Nope - Neither will the banner - Both are liveried up for the local site. But the poles are mine and priority will say they come with me. ;) The SW motorshow in 2007 falls on the same dates as GTI Inters, but I have my prioirities sorted. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

OK - It looks like the online booking form is up and running.

https://www.secure-server-hosting.com/secutran/secureforms/sh207687/gtibookingform.html

I'm not going to use it yet as I'm not sure if we need to put something special in the club section bit, beyond "Briskoda.net" - I have emailed them to clarify but could all those interested please at least familiarise yourself with the form. Looks like it's £25 per person for the weekend, and £14 for each other day, so only £1.50 more per day to do one or the other. :) Looks like children under 15 get in free too. :)

Not sure if there is camping yet though? I can't see anything up there. It looks like they have camping, "near the venue" - I will report back how this will work. I would start looking locally for hotels though if coming from a good distance away. The town of Lutterworth is quite close. :)

Quite fancy this myself -

1) Jason, devonutopia - Weekend

2.) Des, Delcac - Can I have the 1.4 class or is that a contradiction in terms.

3.) dsmithmobile

4.) Baker21

5.) Wardy (if a. I'm available and b. you want a Seat on the stand )

6.) vRS_Si (Happy to do Saturday if Jon wants to do Sunday)

7.) Jon TDI - Sunday only

8.)ItsOnlyMe_vRS weekend

9.) bryand - both days, commuting home in the evening

10) Makefish - probably both days, deffo up for the camping mullarky.

11) Stu

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder to anyone who is subscribed to this thread. If you want to come there is a new thread running - link above - for you to add your name to the list.

Come along and support the Briskoda stand.