Fault codes 17705 & 17545

GAFF

Horners in Manchester, they have been working tirelessly on solving this, it first occured 10months ago! To be fair we had got rid of it previously but only for a short period... if you speak to Roy and mention my car, he knows it well!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had these error codes but they were handily cleared by the AA just over a week ago! :thumbdwn:

The car was at Jacksons today in Basingstoke.

They couldn't the error codes on the diagnostic machine but did diagnose 3 failing coil packs.

Seems like 1 had been previously replaced, but the remaining 3 were still of the old design.

Car certainly feels better this evening, no hesitation or jerkyness, but we'll see how it does the rest of this week.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback in relation to this problem.

Anyway got the car serviced (30k), had the oil & filer changed along with the spark plugs, I was told they were in bad condition (I do a lot of short journeys <5 miles). Could the bad plugs have been causing the erratic idling which I mentioned about before, also could changing the plugs improve the performance and fuel consumption of the car and I have noticed a difference.

With regards to the fault code, I explained to him what Jon had found but he doesn’t seem convinced that there’s an issue with the pipefitting. He did look at the fitting and at the picture showing the leak but wasn’t concerned about the amount of oil coming from it especially as there’s no apparent lack of performance. Although he can’t explain why the error does appear. I would have thought that a pressurized pipe should have no leaks at all in it!

He did clear the errors and took the car overnight and drove it bit but no errors appeared after 60 miles.

I know a number of people were experiencing the same problem. Has anyone had a Skoda dealer rectify the problem? If so would they mind giving me info on which dealer it was, a good contact person etc, as I could get my dealer or Skoda Ireland to contact them. To prove there is a fix for these fault codes.

How did you get on Ian?

Can anyone explain why there’s oil in this pipe, I thought it was just air?

Jon,

Do you know how long after the error codes were reset did each one appear again?

Have you found if driving the car in any particular might create them?

Do the photos I posted of my pipefitting look okay to you?

He said he talk to Skoda Ireland and to give him a ring on Monday so any information would be grateful. With the hassle I had trying to get the coil packs replaced I imagine I’ll be up against it again.

New plugs will defenitley help performance, mpg etc especially if the old ones were shot... if the plugs were bad then they will affect many aspects of the engines running and you should feel an improvement, car will pull from low down better etc,. short journeys area killer for plugs as the foul up from lack of long running at optimum temp, a good long blast at weekends should help keep me sweet ;)

best bet is to try and run it hard for the week and see if the codes return maybe?

Cheers

Gaff, not having much luck with your dealer. I would expect no leak from the pipe, mine doesnt and I have no fault/error codes on my ecu that relate to this. I have now covered 40k miles and have not seen these codes, could you not persuade them to change the pipe at least if only to elliminate this. After all your car is still under warranty, its not like it will cost either party any money.

Gaff, not having much luck with your dealer. I would expect no leak from the pipe, mine doesnt and I have no fault/error codes on my ecu that relate to this. I have now covered 40k miles and have not seen these codes, could you not persuade them to change the pipe at least if only to elliminate this. After all your car is still under warranty, its not like it will cost either party any money.

Problem is my car is well outside of the warranty. I told them that if it was changed I'd pay for it but if the problem was cured that I'd expect Skoda Ireland to pay for it due to the error being brought to there attention 2 years ago while under warranty.

Ian was the whole pipe replaced in your case or just the clip to hold it on (is this the part number Jon mentioned) ?

Thanks again for feedback and sorry for repeating questions.

Looks like I might be starting to get somewhere. I was talking to the dealer and was told that they got some infomation about the pipe in question so he said he ordered it in.

Mine is still fine, they replaced the whole pipe, and also the pipe leading up to the throttle body...

It's great, after putting up with it for so long and losing faith in the car, I have full power again, feels like a new car \ just remapped, :D :D :D

Mine is still fine' date=' they replaced the whole pipe, and also the pipe leading up to the throttle body...

It's great, after putting up with it for so long and losing faith in the car, I have full power again, feels like a new car \ just remapped, :D :D :D[/quote']

Ian,

Initially did the car give any symptoms that their was a problem or was it just by plugging in the Vag-Com you found it ?

Did you get a noticable improvement when the parts were changed out ?

Ian' date='

Initially did the car give any symptoms that their was a problem or was it just by plugging in the Vag-Com you found it ?

Did you get a noticable improvement when the parts were changed out ?[/quote']

LOTS of symptoms, mainly having about 160bhp! It was down on power more often than not, but an ignition reset would give me full power again, until it would suddenly "trip" something and be down on boost \ power, plugging in the 1552 showed the codes as above. Also, idle was hunting between 600 and 1200 rpm, would not settle.

Typically and as expected new ignition coils havent sorted mine..... though it is running slightly better.

It's going back to the dealer on Tuesday with a printed copy of this thread so hopefully i might start to get somewhere.

I'll keep all updated.

I hope that Skoda Technical have been following this thread and issue an advisory bulletin to their UK dealers on the problem, symptoms and cure.

But why did I have to find it out for myself, buy the part then post it on here for others to see? :mad:

If the part is already on its 4th revision, they must know there's a problem with it?

Sorry, having a bad day :D

The car was in this morning and has had the Tavia4x4 fix.

Apparently it's a repair as in Technical Bulletin No.56

No.56 :confused: What are the other 55?

Replaced Turbo Bypass Valve and Air Intake Pipe.

Part Numbers:

06A 145 790C as mentioned before and...

06A 145 710N

Car was fine on the way home, however the hesitation usually happens when the engines cold so we'll see how it goes the next few mornings.

SilveRS how you getting on? Any update?

Not yet, it goes in on the 26th as I needed a curtsey car. Hopefully they will lend me a Fabia so I can test drive one.

Funny thing is the car has felt A1 now the weather has turned mild and with the addition of the green filter she is on song. Typical really, but the codes were present so I will let them fix it anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the Tavia4x4 fix and all is well. The car picks up smoothly without any hesitation traits, although the problem only really showed when the outside temp was near zero.

I think the green filter may well have helped though as the paper one was quite dirty which I guess will restrict airflow during hard acceleration.

As for the curtsey car they gave me a Fabia 1.2 Classic. What can I say, apart from the lack of toys it was a great little car, just wish it had been a 1.4 16v ;)

I got the part replaced yeaterday, under warranty. I mentioned to service guy on the phone the other day about the technical bulletin, he was wondering how I heard, he wouldn't say if it was true or not. So when I was getting the car I asked was I right about the number, he started smiling, I said I'd take that as a yes. He wanted to know how I heard as they were only made aware of it a couple of weeks ago, I told him its amazing what you can find on the net.

I haven't had much time to drive it since collecting it so hopefully the error is dead and buried.

Thanks all for you help. :thumbup:

Just point him to the site. They might even be able to learn something from here :D

Then theres no fun in winding them up with info I'm not suppose to know.