Fabia Ltd Ed vRS

johnnyf

Hi there everyone!!

Just ordered the ltd ed. vRS as a replacement for my 03 Mondeo tdci Ghia X (130 bhp) estate. Mondeo is a great car but wanted to downsize a bit without losing any performance. I had a test drive in a Fabia vRS and was well impressed but had decided to wait for the new version. However I saw the ltd ed on t'internet & couldn't resist!!! Hopefully I made the right decision!!!

Hope you guys don't mind me joining BRISKODA before I've actually got the new car?

Cheers :thumbup:

Hi lads, the new model Fabia RS will be a 1.4 TSi engine used in the Golf GT. Not sure if it will be 150 or 170 bhp. For me it'll lose the magic of the TDi. What do you guys think? Has the Golf GT had good reviews?

Says who?

Thanks for your welcome to the group, guys. If Colm is correct I'm really glad to have plumped for the diesel vRS rather than wait for the new model. Having owned many petrol cars over the years I appreciate the virtues of diesel i.e. loads of torque & lower running costs. I couldn't go back to petrol now. My only (minor) gripe is that I couldn't order any extras on the ltd edition such as heated seats, satnav & reversing sensors but was told they won't offer these as it's a "run-out" model. Still the leather seats & cruise control are major plus points as far as I'm concerned.

Hello and welcome. I think you've made an excellent choice. I also love the way the diesel engines perform, and also as mentioned they usually have lower running costs. I especially find it useful as my wife's family live 100 miles away, and her brother and his wife are expecting their first baby, so definately the diesel. Your new car is going to look fab. Enjoy.

i went down my local skoda dealer today to find out about the vrs ltd ed and thay have sold 3 of the 5 thay got coming in so i had to stick my deposit down now just got to find a way of paying for it lol:cool:

Hi Tony58,

I'm totally with you on that one - my last petrol car was a 2.5 V6 Omega, a great car in terms of performance and comfort but it did around 23 mpg driving in town. Motorways were better at about 40 mpg but I spent a fortune on petrol. I changed to my existing car which is a Mondeo 2.0 diesel which does about 40 mpg around town and 50 ish on motorways. Can't wait for my new Fabia vRS though - we test drove about 8 different cars and the vRS was the only one that put a grin on my face! Even better (and I didn't expect this) my wife loved the vRS too. We'd already tested a 1.9 diesel Elegance which she liked a lot and she's not a particularly fast driver but she loved the sheer grunt of the vRS and said she would feel safer if she had to accelerate out of trouble! We had decided to wait for the new shape but I couldn't resist the ltd edition - I'm glad I went for it given other threads on here reckon the "new" Fabia vRS will be petrol only!!!