Would you buy another Octavia?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bugg3r ....

I've just done 2 back to back test drives of ...

A4 TDI 1.9 130bhp elegance 57k

A5 TDI 2.0 140bhp sport 58k

I like cruising around in quiet comfort & getting good mpg!

However, the MK11 was just better at everything.

I assumed I'd hate a car with sport suspension,

but it handled very rough roads with ease.

Only problem now is telling SWMBO

I want to spend

My Mk 2 is up around 23K and 2.5 years old. It hasn't had anything apart from the squeaky seals and they seem okay now. ESP light has come on 2 or 3 times, but reset as soon as I flick the ignition off then on again.

It [and my Mk 1] are the only cars I ever had, from new, with nothing for the dealer to deal with! Even my Primera went back two or three times within the first 6000 miles.

No idea when I'll change it, but when I do it will probably be for the next version Octy, unless they b*gger up the styling, like Nissan did.

Having had new BMW and Audi company cars for past 15 years, I went elf employed and brought a 2 year old Mk 1 VRS hatch. 50000 mles later I am still impressed and have had no problems.

Dealers no worse than Audi, get it on variable servicing and you wont have to see them more than a couple of times during the warranty period.

I will get a VRs diesel estate next.

They are cheap compared to the competition and look at the depreciation against a ford!

Having had new BMW and Audi company cars for past 15 years, I went elf employed and brought a 2 year old Mk 1 VRS hatch. 50000 mles later I am still impressed and have had no problems.

Dealers no worse than Audi, get it on variable servicing and you wont have to see them more than a couple of times during the warranty period.

I will get a VRs diesel estate next.

They are cheap compared to the competition and look at the depreciation against a ford!

"elf employed"! now that's equal opportunities. How do you reach the pedals??? Or do you work for the National Elf Service.

:snowman::frosty::orb_elf:

The old ones are always the best. Or am I worryingly getting more like my father?

Great choice there Darren.

If at all possible can i have a pic of your car with mine?

I think they will look great as a pair of Black Beauties!

Cheers

I'm sure that could be arranged!

Black is the new Black after all!

yeh that's what I thought, I heard they were exceptionally good even for a 'Ford'.

The better models of the latest Focuses [Focii ??] are also very good.

Skoda dealers are very hit and miss. We have two in our area in Bristol. One in Long Ashton and one in Bristol which is further away and more hassle to get to but it wins hands down on service and customer care. The other dealer turned off the heating in the showroom on Saturdays to save money so my wife sat there shivering when thinking of buying our new Fabia VRS in 06. We went to the other dealers and ordered it straight away.

I have just ordered my octavia scout from there too.

Octavia Scout has just won 4X4 magazines cross over 4x4 of the year and another magazine has awarded it tow car of the year.

They seem well built and drive nicely. If i have any niggles with it it will be on the forum and back to the dealers for fixing.

The Fabia VRS fuel filler flap failed to close and it was fixed under warranty with pick up and collect service.

Yes....

I'm on my second Skoda now ( it's just over a year old) and i've had no problems with it so far with just over 27K on the clock and the dealer that i use are second to none..that said i hope that the owner of the garage will give me a good deal if i come to trade my VRS in for a new shape Superb or another new VRS..

Oh decisions, decisions..