BRISKODA National Trackday - 1st June

Makefish

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im expecting to see some high speed tail-out action from the jabba ARB equipped furbys...

im gutted i wont be there, although the car being 4k overdue a 90k service, and having a list of things needing replacing filling a A4 sheet of paper its probably for the best :rofl:

No day complete with some last minute arrangements ;)

Anyone up for breakfast? Colin and I will be here at 8am :thumbup:

Mmmmm could be tempted but depends what time I get in from work this evening!.

Cheers Mike :)

Q et all, if I can get up early enough, I'll pop in at the LC, although I was up at 4am this morning for a day trip to Paris and "enjoyed" the results of the pileups on the M25 and M40 on the way back :(

Don't forget your driving licenses guys! No license, no driving...

Washed the car this evening (finally the weather gods listened to my prayers) and am packed and ready for an early departure :thumbup:

My car is stinking and now covered in Fitters Mitt as I have just changed the wheels and stripped the back seats and spare out.

Looking forward to a breakfast in Little Thief! (Just gotta get out of bed...)

Back From Jabba about an hour ago. My house to LC is about a couple of hours, so I will see if I can make it for 8am. Word of advice though, I had a Olympic Breakfast this morning at Peterborough. I didn't need anything else for the rest of the day. Those conscious of carrying extra ballast around the track might want to go for a lighter option!!!

Makefish, my intended route is M27. M3, A34, M4, maybe we'll bump into one another....

Oh and is anyone bringing a foot pump? I've loaned mine to my neighbour and forgot to ask for it back from the weekend.

Those conscious of carrying extra ballast around the track might want to go for a lighter option!!!

Mmmmm.

Cherry and apple pancakes...

:drool:

Oh and is anyone bringing a foot pump? I've loaned mine to my neighbour and forgot to ask for it back from the weekend.

Pump... check

Jack... check

Torque wrench... check

Various screw drivers... check

:thumbup:

I know it's a bit late, but I have a friend who would like to spectate/Be a passenger.

Does anyone know the policy on this (Is it pre book only?)?

I've never been there, but it sounds like the entrance we need to take isn't necessarily the "obvious" one.

Details from the email below:

Directions to Hullavington Airfield, Wiltshire

Hullavington Airfield is very easy to find being close to J17 (Chippenham exit) of the M4 motorway.

Exit at J17 of the M4 and follow the signs at the motorway roundabout to Cirencester A429. Please do not go to Hullavington village or Buckley (formerly Hullavington) Army Barracks.

1. Go past the Murco Petrol Station and Army Barracks.

2. Follow road for approximately 1 mile.

3. Past red sign - Heavy Vehicles Turning.

4. Do not turn left onto airfield opposite Hanger Farm (the old entrance).

5. Follow road another 1/4 mile (by large grass covered hanger) and turn left to Hullavington/Grittleton/Sherston.

6. Follow road (past 1st hanger). You will then see a 2nd grass hanger and a boarded up house (both on the right), keep following the road until you turn left to Wellington Place.

7. EXTREME CAUTION - 5mph only, a very tight lane with 2 way traffic. Follow road ahead.

8. You come to another grass hanger, follow road to left.

9. At the next 5mph sign turn left (not towards the housing)

10. Then turn right onto the outer perimeter road

It should be obvious from there - look out for a motorsport-events signage :)

are there any driving spaces left on this event , as i may pop along , junc17 M4 , isn't that the Castle Combe exit ?

I'm pretty sure that there will be spaces available as each time I've called, they knew what car I was driving just by hearing my name... If they had to deal with 70 odd cars, I seriously doubt they could remember such things.