The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

I do wonder how long Ross-Tech will continue to support coding the way the HEX+CAN / MicroCan interfaces work (i.e. software is all on the computer) as the latest HEX-NET device does all the coding over the cloud.... so Ross-Tech can control what devices can access the coding and what cannot (clones)

I noticed there was a firmware update for the cable with this release. Is that a usual change, or something else to help crack down on the counterfeit trade?

The upgrade ran fine on mine, and nice to get another clean bill of health on the scan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As to the fight against the counterfeit trade, Ross-Tech and our partners around the world spend a lot hours on it.  Success is measured in small quantity.  We'll likely never eliminate the problem as long as there is a market for a cheap version.   People will suggest that Ross-Tech should lower our prices and thereby eliminate the illegal copies.  If we could do that and still be in business, we probably would do so.  But, we have to pay these highly intelligent, motivated people who make this tool.  They deserve to live too!  We will continue to do all we can to help the community while protecting our investment of time and effort. 

We appreciate all who support the work we do!  You are our reason to exist!

It took my a while to decide to spend the 260+ on a new VCDS interface.

Figure it's well worth it though as I've used it on my car, dad's car, neighbours car, uncle's car and helped a briskoda member too.

Just wish I had more time to examine the features and do things like engine healthchecks.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally £270ish is a small % of a car costing £27K as my current Golf estate cost me.

However I bought VCDS a few years ago after getting infuriated with a legit, more basic interface. I have used VCDS on my two cars, neighbours car, mates car, & Briskoda members cars. & I wish I have got it sooner as I could have saved myself a very expensive rip off garage diagnostics (all the gear & no idea how to use it) for a so called "complex" ABS fault which cost me £460 & I could have purchased & solved the problem myself easier using VCDS.

• 2 months later...

There is a 'beta' of 15.7.3 available for those with MIB2 units - see my O3 VCDS Sticky - this is purely to fix issues with MIB2 Adaptations.

Download the relevant zip file (x86 or x64), extract the new executable and replace the 15.7.2 executable (back it up first obviously).

All at your own risk, there should be an official 15.7.3 soon .......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

15.7.4 is out :)

Noted:

:clap: when i started my laptop it immediately came up with 'Do you want to update' as the first message after logging in. Super!

Noted:

:clap: when i started my laptop it immediately came up with 'Do you want to update' as the first message after logging in. Super!

Not so super:

After the update yesterday, today i connected to the car.

The software indicates a first use, so i let it search and it finds the Hex+Can interface ok. ( it updated to 1.94 a few revisions back. )

However it now claims on an autoscan that the gateway no longer supports autoscan ??

Anyone else with this problem?

Additional info: using Torque on android and a bluetooth interface all data seems to be ok. Don't know if this interface uses CAN.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...