The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

• 3 weeks later...

16.3.0 alpha version is out for the brave hearted HEX+CAN owners. I'm not going to provide a link, if you can't find it you shouldn't be running it :)

It is worth noting however:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to architectural constraints in some of our older interfaces, once you update the firmware in one, it will no longer be compatible with older versions of VCDS on cars that use CAN bus for diagnostics. You will have to use version 16.3 or newer from that point on and won't be able to revert to the previous release version, so don't download this and update your interface firmware unless you're willing to take some risk with a brand-new version that isn't even full public "Beta" yet.  

If you don’t have a really late model car that either doesn't work with your HEX+CAN interface, or that's missing ROD files, there's no compelling reason to download and install this"

• Like 2

I am going to hang fire until tomorrow as I have an S6 to code in the morning and my HEX-NET is not working faultlessly so may need the HEX+CAN as a back up.

Yes mainly with USB

I keep getting connection errors and the only way to get it to connect is by resetting the HEX-NET.

I must admit I have not tried it wirelessly recently to see if the ASAM and rod will now update.

• 2 weeks later...

16.3.0 alpha version is out for the brave hearted HEX+CAN owners. I'm not going to provide a link, if you can't find it you shouldn't be running it :)

16.3.0 is now Beta  :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

In view of what was said above in regards to firmware update, I am being offered 15.7.4 update 003 as an update.

I already have 15.7.4 installed, is this a firmware update or just a software database update?.

I tend to use the lead on older cars, so don't want to lose the functionality if the lead updates.

I am a genuine Ross-Tech lead user, so any help would be gratefully received.

Edited by kentphil1

• 1 month later...

Superb III needs Hex Net or Hex CAN will also work?  On Ross Tech website they mentioned latest MQB cars might need Hex Net.

If any Superb III users can confirm, that would be awesome.

thanks 

Has anybody with a HEX+CAN lead running either beta 16.5.0 or 16.6.0 and have updated their firmware on the lead had any problems with issues with connecting to the older models - i,e mk1 fabia, mk1 octavia etc?.

Up until recently, I have always used the latest beta installs, but have not installed since Andyvee's post suggesting caution to older vehicle users as the firmware cannot be downgraded again.

If people are now finding the Beta stable, I will go ahead and upgrade from my current 15.7.4 install.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Phil.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems with the latest update 16.8.0 ??????

i have found that you cannot do anything with slave modules now i.e. rear doors/Rain Sensor.....

can anyone else post on here there problems

cheers

scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone having any issues with 16.8.2?

I'm having issues reading UDS engine control modules and it's crashing the software :S

I've just used 16.8.2 to change a couple of adaptation channels on the BCM on my 2015 O3 and had VCDS crash 3 times, plus it's MUCH slower than 16.8.1 was - my netbook is only a 1.6GHz Atom with 1.5GB of RAM running W8.1 so it doesn't have much oomph and you really notice the effect of bloatware.

Edited by PetrolDave

I'd get it logged with Ross-Tech (if you haven't already!)

But thanks for the heads up - I'll hold off upgrading for a while! But might put it onto a test laptop, to see how it compares performance wise for me, compared with 16.8.1.