new fab RS....bit underwhelmed :(

kit

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't someone just time a 60-90 run in 5th or somethign on the way home tonight. Then kit can do the same and see if his car is significantly different.

I'd offer but the vRS isn't mine so I don't drive it to work.

I think we should ignore the fact he came from a quick Octy as regardless of perception, the Fabia should produce some reasonably serious forward thrust when the pedal is mashed at 70 leptons in 5th.

And please stop trying to create arguments and drag the thread off topic with asking poeles opinions on random cars- yuou know who you are.

So there we go. From 2 peoples rough timings, it would appear to be roughly in the region of six to six and a half seconds from 50-70mph in 5th gear.

Kit - the balls in yopur court now! See if you can do three or four timed 'runs' from 50-70mph (ideally getting a mate to time you, although this would increase the weight obviously!!) and see how it compares to the timings of Motorhole and Xeman.

Let us know how you get on

Just as an afterthought, I don't suppose it's possible that, although brand-new, Kit's car could have a duff MAF sensor could it? Or bad contacts in the plug or something?

Just a thought anyway :-)

So there we go. From 2 peoples rough timings, it would appear to be roughly in the region of six to six and a half seconds from 50-70mph in 5th gear.

Kit - the balls in yopur court now! See if you can do three or four timed 'runs' from 50-70mph (ideally getting a mate to time you, although this would increase the weight obviously!!) and see how it compares to the timings of Motorhole and Xeman.

Let us know how you get on

50-70 ≠ 70-90 ;)

i think he's trying to say that dat shizzle don't work out bra as fiddy ta sevinty ain't the same hole as sevinty ta ninty, ya get me?

either that or he's still on the Egyptian hieroglyphics thing.

hopefuly will have it tested this evening by a brisky coming over to my gaff for a test drive:).....so will post later with verdict!!

k:)

Out of interest, I also did a 50-70mph run.

50-70mph (5th) - 5.5 seconds, but on a slight downhill and I only did the 1 run.

50-90mph (5th) - 6-6.5 seconds, did a few runs.

Standard car, 13,000 miles, just me!

Out of interest, I also did a 50-70mph run.

50-70mph (5th) - 5.5 seconds, but on a slight downhill and I only did the 1 run.

50-90mph (5th) - 6-6.5 seconds, did a few runs.

Standard car, 13,000 miles, just me!

Do you mean 70-90mph - 6-6.5 seconds...otherwise if you don't your car did 70-90mph in ~1-1.5secs :eek:

Do you mean 70-90mph - 6-6.5 seconds...otherwise if you don't your car did 70-90mph in ~1-1.5secs :eek:

...or don't you mean -0.5 seconds?? I WISH :D

Crap, sorry, me being daft...yeah, 70-90 in 6 - 6.5 seconds....

well after a drive by a another brisky.....its me!!.....must just be so used to mapped octy RS!!......few differences though......his is quiter...handles better...but he has jabba ARB.....and his seat goes a whole lot lower than mine!!:(.....now that is just not right!!...i like a low seat!!.....but other than that its even stevens!!....so will just have to re adjust to a diesel!!!.......thanks everybody for all the comments:)......but am sure il still be pestering you lot with stupid questions!!

cheers

kit:)

I think we should ignore the fact he came from a quick Octy as regardless of perception, the Fabia should produce some reasonably serious forward thrust when the pedal is mashed at 70 leptons in 5th.

So, you were saying? ;)

that diesels are **** and slow?

:P

:rofl:

@kit - I have no problem coming over and putting vag-com on the car to measure the torque, speed, acceleration, etc.

I think that your issue is a combination of a few things....

1. Its a diesel - the driving is much different than a petrol

2. Its brand new and will open up with time

cheers bpm:)....might take you up on that:).....yeah think it was just me and not the car!!....good to get a drive in another one to compare......cheers that man:)

cheers bpm:)....might take you up on that:).....yeah think it was just me and not the car!!....good to get a drive in another one to compare......cheers that man:)

No bother....every time I see a black Furby vRS, it makes me want one so bad in black. :( Keep it well though and I could be a buyer for it in 3 years :)