Aquapel Group Buy III - The return of the gunk

devonutopia

:D

It's time for GB no.3 - Or at least a feeler for it. I am basing this on the same scenario as the GB no.2, which went quite well and now all have gone / been reserved. I fully expect the same circumstances again. :)

OK - the product. If anyone remembers ombrello of old - this is the same stuff, only it costs a lot less when done through this group buy. Basically, I will take delivery of a box of 48 or 96 aquapels from the states, and pack them up in pairs, fours, sixes, whatever you want - and send them UK first class post. When this stuff is applied to a freshly clean (and dry) windscreen, it leaves a coating on it which makes water bead up, and once over about 30mph, it all heads north up the screen to leave a nice clear viewing area, with no need for wipers. Personally I recommend using two tubes to do the side windows and give the screen a double coating. Very easy to apply, as long as the screen is well cleaned and dried first.

This is what the stuff looks like. (weblink)

Aquapel

Hey,

Just logged on Briskoda again after a bit of a hiatus (weddings to organise & all that!) and spotted the previous GB for this... trawled through the whole thread only find they'd all gone! Then, lo, there was a Light and that Light was Utopia!

I'm in! Will need to pay by cheque or bank transfer as I don't use paypal (if that's ok?).

OldFlo - 2 = 2

Yep - I forgot to add I won't risk getting lots in until I have a decent number. To get a box of 96 in like last time, I will need at least 50 aquapels requested. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to help Jason with his sales pitch, here is a short video clip of me driving through heavy rain without needing wipers.

Rain is not exactly the easiest thing to film, but hopefully you can see how fast the water runs towards the top of the screen.

And if not - just believe me - its excellent stuff!

th_MVI_2310.jpg

I bought some in the last GB and can heartily recommend it. I only wish I had double coated the front screen though, as suggested. I'd also recommend this miraculous potion for fellow saloon car Superb owners to place on their rear screens as a lack of rear wiper can be a pain. With Amazing Aquapel, the rear screen clears itsself in no time, and with the added benefit of reducing heart disease and also curing most forms of male impotence*

*(does clear screens, but has no health improving qualities whatsoever)

OldFlo - 2 = 2

daiking - 2 = 4

skudmissile- 4 = 8

sworrall - 2 = 10

spinndrift - 4 = 14

phlashbios - 4 = 18

Pythix - 6 = 24

Haven't used the last lot up yet, but while there is a GB I'll stock up :D

Thanks Jason :thumbup:

I'll top myself up from the last GB

OldFlo - 2 = 2

daiking - 2 = 4

skudmissile- 4 = 8

sworrall - 2 = 10

spinndrift - 4 = 14

phlashbios - 4 = 18

Pythix - 6 = 24

Purp23 - 4 = 28

Having looked at people's recommendations, and the double-coat windscreen bit etc, I think I shall p'chase another two if that's ok.... mine and the running totals amended below...

OldFlo - 4 = 4

daiking - 2 = 6

skudmissile- 4 = 10

sworrall - 2 = 12

spinndrift - 4 = 16

phlashbios - 4 = 20

Pythix - 6 = 26

Purp23 - 4 = 30

• 2 weeks later...

OldFlo - 4 = 4

daiking - 2 = 6

skudmissile- 4 = 10

sworrall - 2 = 12

spinndrift - 4 = 16

phlashbios - 4 = 20

Pythix - 6 = 26

Purp23 - 4 = 30

Elegance1.8T - 4 = 34

Top quality stuff, still working from last GB (but only at over 70mph now and on the drivers side!)

OldFlo - 4 = 4

daiking - 2 = 6

skudmissile- 4 = 10

sworrall - 2 = 12

spinndrift - 4 = 16

phlashbios - 4 = 20

Pythix - 6 = 26

Purp23 - 4 = 30

Elegance1.8T - 4 = 34

TaviaRS - 4 = 38

as a few have changed to 4 could you confirm what ill be able to get done with 2? one coat on the screen and one on sides or is one on the screen not enough?

With two, it is best to do the screen, then one side window (maybe two if you can push it). Then allow to dry/buff as normal, then do the screen again with the other one, then the opposite side window (maybe two :D)

4 merely means you have some spare to do this all again (although it should be 4 months+ before you need to) :)

What are these like with the rain sensitive wipers? Do they confuse it??

Thanks in advance

You would need to disable them / turn them off. The idea is there is no need at all for wipers. The water runs off the screen using the wind/airflow passing over the car whilst in motion. Rain sensitive wipers will still try to work, so will need turning off. :)