New Fabia advert !

It even gets a mention (half a page) in todays Sun newspaper. Having seen how much publicity the ad has got , I wouldnt be surprised to see it win awards this year. It certainly seems as good as the old DDB adverts for the VW Beetle and early Golf.

does anyone know what happened to it all when they were done - did they just chuck it, or did they eat it ?
Once filming was finished we had planned to cut the cake car up and distribute it to local charities, schools and hospitals. Unfortunately, however, as the car had been under hot studio lights for several days, it would have posed a health and safety risk if eaten. We did preserve some parts though, such as the marzipan wing-mirrors and chocolate speedometer. The rest of the car was composted and will be used by residents of Clapton, East London, to fertilise their gardens and allotments.
!!!

I take it from the post above by pittVRS , that the ad was done in this country then. I had always assumed it was done in Czech! If that is the case , is this advert used on UK TV screens only , and do they have a different one for Europe?

I phoned up our local dealers parts department the other day to order a Victoria sponge and a couple of Battenebergs, got told that the Battenburgs were on back order due to a Marzipan shortage.

:eek:

Its been almost a week since I uploaded the

. Already, its had almost 100'000 views!!!

Hope a good number of those who are Skoda owners seen the Briskoda mention and URL in the description :)

The Daily Mail have even linked directly to it from their news pages, accounting for 7300 views alone!

In the Autos and Vehicles category, It got #1 most viewed video for last week, currently at #16 for this month and is #98 in the most linked of all time table!

The advert has drummed up an amazing amount of interest for Skoda, yet there wasn't even a single (real) car in the entire ad - :thumbup: well done to the development team!! Would be interesting to know how many people will now go away an investigate buying the car a bit further having seen the advert.

Would be interesting to know how many people will now go away an investigate buying the car a bit further having seen the advert.

As opposed to the number of people who go directly to their local Bakers and buy a huge fook off cake.....:D