Maxi Dot on Vrs and Light assist

Just popped down to my dealer to hand him the insurance certificate and my car is there sat in the showroom!!!!:)

So it was a good time to check it over.

I went for the MaxiDot extra and the display is there, but are you supposed to get steering wheel controls? or can all the functions still be utilised just with the stalk buttons?

The 'wheel doesn't have any controls on it, is this normal?

Also it hasn't come with light assist as part of the auto dim mirror and rain sensor pack. The salesman doesn't seem to know why, but thinks it might be to do with having xenons fitted. Anyone got any clues??

Thanks in advance.

No steering wheel controls with the vRS i'm afraid. The buttons don't actually do anything to the Maxidot, all of the functions are accessed via the wiper stalk.

Sounds like a balls up with the spec as I've ordered a vRS with Xenons AND Light assist/rain sensor/auto dim mirror. IIRC this has happened to a few people on this very forum.

I also have Xenon's and the light assist etc. I thought it was a single option on the vRS and therefore would be either there or not in it's entirety.

Well if it's not fitted correctly then the car has been mis ordered and if you don't yet have it can refuse to take it. He'll not want that to happen and so you might be in a good position to bend him over for a nice discount. Else he'll have to order you another.

I am currently trying to help someone else retrofit the lightassist.

This hopefully only involves replacing the switch and recoding VAG-COM

However we are not having much joy at the moment, but it cant be rocket science.

It is a really nice feature I think.

Only downside is it does seem to switch on during very bright sunlight for some reason.

Guess it is one of those things that until you've had it, you don't know what you are missing.

Just picked up my vrs, and also no light assist on it.

Went home and figured it out i think:

There are 2 options with auto dimming mirrors on the list, one with exterior mirrors dimming and indicator lights integreated in mirrors, one with only interior mirror dimming and light assist.

I took the first option (auto dimming interior/exterior + indicator lights in exterior lights) and as i see it now that option does not include light assist....bummer...

Only downside is it does seem to switch on during very bright sunlight for some reason.

I know another: when tunnel light is switch on and you activate front window washer - low beam always activates too, even on sunny day. And don`t OFF until you switch off manual the ignition or tunnel light.

Add me to the list of disgruntled punters who ordered the light assist option but it is not fitted :thumbdwn:

RobbySpurs can you please confirm the retro fit functions exactly the same as factory fit?

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

Anybody able to confirm that light assistant can be retro fitted and fully functional? I went into my local dealers (Claybank Manchester) today to ask and they said they had not been able to do it as they couldn't get the coding right when they tried.

Supplying dealer (Vindis of Woolpit) said they would retro fit but would charge me for it. Cheeky *******s expect me to pay twice for it:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I took the car to Horners this morning after they said they believe they can sort this. Unfortunately they rang me mid-morning to say they need to order a part (presumably the switch) so they're keeping the car in til Thursday. I'll be able to confirm for definite on Thursday night that the light assistant can be retro-fitted.

In the meantime here are a couple of pics of my beast as I've not posted any yet!

vrs1nj2.jpg

vrs2av8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had the light assist option ordered which is part of the auto dim mirror/ rain assist package. The car arrived with the standard light switch fitted (well nearly - it came out in my hand!). The dealer ordered and fitted the correct switch but in tunnel position the lights come on and stay on. Something wrong here! They did reprogramme the remote to remove the "press twice to unlock" and enable the "lock at 15kph". I need to chase the dealer up but I suspect the answer involves hooking up a laptop.

^

As far as I can tell there is still no resolution to this. I have the same issue - when the tunnel light position is selected the lights are permanently on. My dealer is waiting for a response from Skoda technical. The dealer reckons there are 4 or 5 other cars in the UK waiting for the fix.

I do love the leaving home feature though:cool:

I do love the leaving home feature though:cool:

It's goodto see people's faces when your car headlights come on and no one is around. The coming home feature gets people wondering whether they should tell you you've left your lights on or not.:P

Just picked up mine and found it seems to suffer from the same problem - a standard light control switch has been fitted instead of the automatic / light assist / tunnel lights one.

Otherwise the cars absolutely fantastic :D

Have other affected cars been sucessfully sorted out by the dealer or is the (correct) recoding impossible?

Cheers

Ross

Just picked up mine and found it seems to suffer from the same problem - a standard light control switch has been fitted instead of the automatic / light assist / tunnel lights one.

Otherwise the cars absolutely fantastic :D

Have other affected cars been sucessfully sorted out by the dealer or is the (correct) recoding impossible?

Cheers

Ross

yes, theres a few others on here whove had the same problem and have got it sorted by the dealer by them ordering the tunnel light switch. If you do a search some of them were pretty recent. It does though depend on the dealer then coding it correctly but ultimately the car needs to have come with the rain sensing gubbins attached to the rear view mirror as the sensor for the lights is in there too.