M25/M1 bruntingthorpe convoy

roo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good,i'll be at J26 with Rooboy,we'll do a roll past aswell,saves more time.

if you take one of our numbers then you can call and we'll tag on when you come past us.

do the same at South Mimms aswell,best get some numbers for the South Mimms Briskodians

Alright then Andy, I'll give that a go. I've still got your number from the essex meet, if you need mine again, i'll text it too you.

Alex if you are working day shift next week you can get me on the Auto phones on 47428 or this week on 32944 until 11pm and asking for Jeff Mace.

or i'll send a pm with my mobile number.

I'll be up for meeting at Jct 26 too (now that I have my car back in one piece). I still haven't seen the bill for the repairs though?

Any advance on 06.55?

Andy

I'll see your 06.55 and raise you 5 mins to 06.50, as the three of us will be joining andy and co as they drive past instead of wastind time going into epping forest. So if we meet at the location of the essex meet and move down to the M25 once we make contact with the others (phone, smoke signal, semaphore, etc) we can roll straight on and catch them up (or visa versa)

Personal Mobile Radio, ie a walkie talkie :D

Yep, the Motorolla ones are good. They are great when driving in convoys. People thing you are mad overtaking over brows or round bends, little do they know that you have a "spotter" up ahead :D

As Im just trying to catch up with this thread can someone recap for me the time you will be getting on the M1 as I'm coming from the LHR direction, assuming no one is using the M40/42 route that I am told is more convenient to reach Rugby.

PM me if preferred.

Lakeside 0630

J26 passby 0655

South Mimms 0710-0730

Leaving 2hours to do 83miles.

If we leave South Mimms straight away It takes 10 mins to get there although I think the southern thread is joining the M40 at some point.

You are more than welcome to join us though, as we could just meet you at the first services up the M1 (Luton area i think) if you like.

OK, as I'm coming clockwise round the M25 it'll be easier for me to meet at 1st services on M1. If it's Luton, can someone give me a rough time you'll be driving by - I'll happily PM my mobile number :)

Thanks,

Andy

Had my mobile phone stolen yesterday.

Jeff - i'll be at J26 near the roundabout,not where we met for the meet.

will be there for 6:40am.

got stolen at Waterloo Depot on Wednesday while i was working,B4rstards!!!!

Sorry to hear that Alex. I though no-one could get in or out of that place?

If you mean at the layby where the lorries stop, then ok if not the only other place is outside the marriot.

well it must have been someone who knew it was in my jacket who was in the depot.

there were some cleaners who were around but you can't go accusing people without any evidence.

am due to upgrade in the next couple of weeks so will have to wait till then.

outside the Hotel will be great as we can just hop straight onto the M25 just before they come past.

cheers Jeff

Ok folks can people who are meeting me at lakeside please let me know now if a=1 b=2 c=3 etc my mobile is jggihgdhcbf I propose we use a system I learnt when off roading you keep the vehicle behind you in sight at all times, that way one stops all stop. Also can we have a definate list of who and where.....

1) Lakeside :- Andy E.

2) J26

3) South Minns Services

4) Toddington (Luton) Services

Thanks Folks