M25/M1 bruntingthorpe convoy

roo

Right in response to the southern convoy and something suggested by wrightyrs, how about a convoy round the M25 and up the M1, we could have multiple meeting points like:

A/ Lakeside services just after the Dartford tunnel: 6.00

then on to

B/ J26 M25 at the meeting point of the jan essex meet or the just outside the marriot hotel: 6.30

then

C/ south mimms services 6.50-7.00

Luton is no longer being bothered with due to lack of interest.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start the ball rolling.....

A/ Lakeside services just after the Dartford tunnel:

B/ J26 M25 at the meeting point of the jan essex meet or the just outside the marriot hotel

Rooboy - Jeff

C/ south mimms services

D/ Luton services on the M1

B/ J26 M25 at the meeting point of the jan essex meet or the just outside the marriot hotel

Rooboy - Jeff

C/ south mimms services

fab16v - Graeme

Andy Ellis

Rooboy - Jeff

C/ south mimms services

fab16v - Graeme

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what i'm going to do yet,as where i am to get to the M1 i go straight up the M11 to the A14 then onto the M1.

otherwise i'll be going the wrong way to start which seem a bit pointless.

i might change my mind though.

anyone who is going to be using the M11/A14 direction who wants to meet up then let me know.

cheers

Alex

Andy Ellis

Rooboy - Jeff

C/ south mimms services

fab16v - Graeme

Hello fellas

I would like to convoy up on the 24th (only going as a spectator unfortunately) :o . Lakeside or J.26 would suit me, although I don't know the location of the Essex meet point

Any idea of meet times at this stage? Shouldn't take much more than 1.5 hrs to get there after joining the M1 on a good day :rolleyes:

Andy Ellis

Rooboy - Jeff

C/ south mimms services

fab16v - Graeme

Captain Chaos - James

Can I second post above with ideas for times?

Chaos

Sutts, where do you live and I'll tell you the best place for you to Join up.

Captain Chaos, I have a rough Idea for the times which I was going to post a bit closer the time, but to get there for around 8.30 I was thinking along the lines of:

Lakeside services:6.00 am

it takes about 25 - 30 mins to J26

leave Waltham Abbey (J26) at about 6.30

then getting to south mimms about 15 mins later to leave there at about 6.50-7.00

I think we can remove luton as a stopover.

I am Maidstone area and will join at M20/M25 junction, so can meet at any point prior to the M1. S'pose I would rather meet wherever most other people are to save time... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got tot try to get the others up in time who are coming with me! If I do make it can I suggest I few things......

1) Lakeside meet at petrol station in the services.

2) 80mph limit for convoy. If the police get a sniff of a load of skodas warning up for a trackday by the use of the M1 they will rub their hands together with glee!

Thoughts guys???

Andy, have you still got my number, as I am the only one getting on at J26 I might as well, have you phone me and I'll join on as you drive past.

Also, as the breifing is at 8.30 I'd say see how we go for the speed, or meet up 30 mins earlier. tp make sure we get there on time.

to be honest mate I cant need to see the need to go balls to the wall there will be no traffic, Ive got traffic master and gps on seperate systems to get us around any trouble but we are talking of a Sat morning. So lets keep it down to 75mph on the gps (about 82 on a skoda speedo!) if time goes critical we can crack on, but its only 133 miles from me which seeing how I'm leaving at 0530 I should be there by 0730 as its mainly motorway! Fly by sounds good and would save a huge ammount of time, suggest we do this for all pick ups. Say 1 person in each group pm mes a mobile number and say a few miles before the pick up point I will phone and then you join motorway and stay in nearside lane at 50 mph, as the group goes past just join in at the back door!

Ive just been emailed the info of the day....

timetable

0830 gates open

0900 registration starts

0945 paddock briefing

1000 track opens

So what about this for a timetable

lakeside 0730

j26 passing 0750

south minns 0810-0820

arrive 0930 approx

this gives us about a 60mph average for the 116miles from Lakeside to Brunters which is easily acheivable on a quiet Saturday morning.

hello guys,

have been thinking about this trip up and the route i was going to take,have changed my mind to the route i'm going to take.

Rooboy,i'll meet you at J26 at whatever time is decided as best.

can't drive up on my own,and miss all the fun!!!!

a steady 75-80mph,mmmm i think that will be difficult going.

at least there will be a good few of us.should get some looks from all the other cars on the M25/M1.

Andy, that timing sounds a bit tight. If you miss the briefing you won't be allowed on the circuit as a driver or passenger. :shocked:

should be at least a 6:30am meet at Lakeside really guys.

i know the traffic won't be a problem but at least we can get there and meet some fellow Briskodians and have some caffeine!!!!!!

I think it was origionally said 6.30 at South Mimms. Then gives us a couple of hours to trundle up the M1 to Brunters! :thumbup:

Here the comments, but please I like my pit! I'm not proposing we go balls to the wall up the M1 and we have all day to chat..... So what about we add 1 hour to the original times so.....

Lakeside leave 0700

J26 pass-by 0725

South Minns (caffine stop) 0740-0800

This then gives us 90mins to do the 83 miles to brunters, of which 73 is motorway. That should be easy as long as knowone needs a pee after all the coffee!

I have some bad news for you peeps. Whilst driving round m25 today, at J23 which is South Mimms I was greeted by a big yellow sign, you can guess what it said.

"Work Starts Here 17/04/04 for 10 weeks", so looks like you will have roadworks to deal with. Proberbly with a 40 limit and mr gatso, I dont know how long the stretch will be though.

Well as I,m just spectating, I will be making my own way up without need to hurry or keep a certain pace.

I intend to get their early-ish but not so as to require a work-day getting up time ( 4.50 am ), so I am thinking of arrival in the region of 9-10...by which time you will all be there anyway.