New 2008 Superb

Interesting ref dealer comments .....but has anyone else picked up on the fact that a "saloon" version is pictured as the penultimate image in VRS195's last message (between the 2 hatchback shots). As iI raised in an earlier message it looks to me like this example (I believe all the shots of the light coloured car are of the same actual vehicle) can be changed between hatchback or saloon at will ?? Thoughts anyone ?

This is from an tread in feb.

motorer_635.jpg

I wonder if it the shared engine with VW Passat or Golf V configuration? Any comments on this? I was quite suprise to see that it has a 1.8T version still, thought they would make 2.0TFSI as a standard now inline with VW and Audi line up.

Like the sound of some of those engines - particularly the 3.2FSI and the 2.7TDI. Front of the car in the pics shown looks okay, but not too keen on the back. Need to see some official pics, and see the car in the flesh. Is this supposed to be out next summer?

I hope it has retained at least some of the extra space in the back seats.

I wonder if it the shared engine with VW Passat or Golf V configuration? Any comments on this? I was quite suprise to see that it has a 1.8T version still, thought they would make 2.0TFSI as a standard now inline with VW and Audi line up.

It's a new 1.8T (not the same as the old one), it's also now fitted in the new Octavia.

Going bu the spy-shots we've seen, this could be nearer the mark. But, I hope not.

SPY PHOTOS: New Skoda Superb

That pic has been posted before, rumour has it thats approximatly what the front of the facelifted octavia out in 2008 is going to look like. its a very poor photoshop of the current octy.

Going bu the spy-shots we've seen, this could be nearer the mark. But, I hope not.

SPY PHOTOS: New Skoda Superb

Hope it's not like this. Looks like some sort of Korean mash up. Also pics and dealers all suggest going to be smaller than current model - if so what's the point?. I guess ideal woud be current model with the new engines! :thumbdwn:

Hope it's not like this. Looks like some sort of Korean mash up. Also pics and dealers all suggest going to be smaller than current model - if so what's the point?. I guess ideal woud be current model with the new engines! :thumbdwn:

Well it looks like the photos on the first page of this thread because ... erm it is the Superb and they are photos of it.

The link above is some dire photoshop (the front is actually quite close, the middle is Octavia II)

The car WILL be about 6"-8" longer than Octy (if you include the platform stretch as shown below and different bumper design etc).

6051221.001.mini3L.jpg