vRS SE in autoexpress...

Couldnt see any mention of Leather seats though. Its as if the reviewer didnt know it was a feature of the SE only!

Yeah I didn't get the feeling the reviewer actually knew what the standard car came with! :rofl:

Chris

Just read the Auto Express review:"Skoda Fabia vRS".

Here's an extract:

"All good things must come to an end............ And what better way to do it than with the flagship vRS. Called simply the Limited, this last-of-the-line.......and there's a real upmarket ambience thanks to the dashboard coverings and seat fabrics, which still look and feel very smart................once this vRS is gone, it will certainly be missed........."

From the review heading, there's no doubting the car is the Racing Blue SE. That being so, how the reviewer can describe the gorgeous leather, individually numbered and monogrammed seats as "seat fabrics, which still look and feel very smart" is kinda weird, don't you think? Or, is there another explanation which I'm missing?

Just read the Auto Express review:"Skoda Fabia vRS".

Here's an extract:

"All good things must come to an end............ And what better way to do it than with the flagship vRS. Called simply the Limited, this last-of-the-line.......and there's a real upmarket ambience thanks to the dashboard coverings and seat fabrics, which still look and feel very smart................once this vRS is gone, it will certainly be missed........."

From the review heading, there's no doubting the car is the Racing Blue SE. That being so, how the reviewer can describe the gorgeous leather, individually numbered and monogrammed seats as "seat fabrics, which still look and feel very smart" is kinda weird, don't you think? Or, is there another explanation which I'm missing?

Its quite obvious that the reviewer has never been in a Fabia vRS before.

Typical I would say for a 'Press' Newspaper magazine journalist

They had one as a long term test car and they even super chipped it - so yes they do know how it handled.

I guess they are certainly correct that the 1.9PD 130/115/150 are now old school motors and not as quiet or as efficient as the latest generation diesels. Otherwise why wouldnt the new range of VAGs have the 1.9's in their top end models???

I must say Ive never had any vibrations he mentions through any VAG PD diesel I have driven.

Its quite obvious that the reviewer has never been in a Fabia vRS before.

Typical I would say for a 'Press' Newspaper magazine journalist

I'm not too sure about "before"; he probably has been in a vRS, but with fabric seats; I agree though, he's never been in a vRS SE. Auto Express readers take note - don't believe all you read.

Hayselden in Donny had 2 yesterday.......First time i've seen them a bit poor tbh, they should have loaded them with extra or offered factory fit options....Not my cuppa T

WTF is that numbering on the seat? Looks like they've let a child loose with a branding iron:thumbdwn:

Hayselden in Donny had 2 yesterday.......First time i've seen them a bit poor tbh, they should have loaded them with extra or offered factory fit options....Not my cuppa T

WTF is that numbering on the seat? Looks like they've let a child loose with a branding iron:thumbdwn:

I think you're mad, but opinions are like **** holes and all that.:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Do any of the SE owners have the steering vibration that is reported in the article ???

Mine got it, but it doesn't bother me. Athough I can hear and feel the engine chugging away while idling, it's no where near as bad as I was expecting based on the various "tractor" comments people have posted online.

The stutter is annoying, so I'll get that sorted out by the dealer in the next few weeks (don't want to hand it back just yet, having too much fun in it).