annoyed

Ouch!!! OK list of names for the posse to hunt the culprit down and slowly crucify them by hanging upside down from their gonads whilst inserting bamboo splinters under their fingernails and soaking them in water!

Steve

Oh Dear - sympathies.

Mind you - we were parked up at Argos today and the chap next to us in an old Corsa swung out so wide and near to us and so quickly my heart stopped. He was either a brill driver or a complete dolt.

I agree with the above - really hope you have the guilty party details... :)

I've seen cars written off for less - I bet thats

Oh dear, simillar thing happened to me with my old merc.

Looking at the pics, I think the rear door is fixable, as is the bumper. However the biggest cost is going to be that rear panel. judging by the wheel arch damage, there could also be suspension damage, although maybe not judging by the lack of damage to wheel and tyre.

The car could well be written off, depending on how old it is. Especially painfull because the damaged panels could well be reasonably priced, but labour charges to cut out all that metal and weld the new parts in is the expense.

oh dear,

If that does get written off i'd buy it back get a new dassenger door. Have the rear wing puled back out as much as possible stick some filler in all the bits and spray it.

That is providing it still drives :confused:

i did get the guys details as i was in it at the time and had to sit there and watch helplessly while the t**t in the hgv drove down the side of my car.:mad:

its a good job i was in the car as he wasnt gonna stop and carried on driving, i had to jump out of my car and run over to him and bang on his cab.

he reckons he didnt see me!:eek:

i did get the guys details as i was in it at the time and had to sit there and watch helplessly while the t**t in the hgv drove down the side of my car.:mad:

its a good job i was in the car as he wasnt gonna stop and carried on driving, i had to jump out of my car and run over to him and bang on his cab.

he reckons he didnt see me!:eek:

people in cars quite often think the hgv driver knows that he has had an rta,but i will clarify this a little in a 44t artic you have some huge blind spots and with the wieght you can run over little cars and not see or feel a thing so he probably didn't realise,i too feel your pain but don't hang the guy out to dry as it is a tough job trucks get bigger and bigger as space on the roads get smaller and smaller accidents will happen and that is just a fact of life.Look on the bright side it could have happened in a supermarket car park and the 3rd party could have driven off.

I've had one actually and that's your opinion. I deal with road accidents everyday as part of my job and if people took more care then there'd be less accidents, buts that's my opinion!

All i'm saying at the end of the day is that there's a difference between accidents and being careless. Niether of us know what really happened in this case. All accidents must include some degree of carelessness otherwise accidents would not happen. Every case will be different.

i agree but to call for charges to be brought is a bit much imho,accidents and being careless amount to the same thing,and lets face it what we should do and what we do do are often two different things,driving is getting tougher all the time for everyone and one thing is for certain you can't keep concentration levels up 100% of the time, most times you will get away with it ,but that one time you won't and it can happen to anyone.:thumbup:

Maybe a tad tough, but you get very sinical in my job at the amount of accidents that are just blatently careless :o)

Remind me when you next passing through Co Durham - for a routine document check obviously ;o)