felicia 1.9gli 1999 temp coolant sensor

Good morning

I posted a few days regarding the temperature coolant sensor on a felicia 1.9gli 1999 first question is:- Is it the four pin plug with a green band around it??

Second question is:- Does anyone know where I can get one because locally I have drawn a blank, I leave in Deal in Kent.

Thanks for any info

GB

The sensor should look like this:

cts7.jpg

You can get them on ebay, if getting to a dealer is a problem. The ebay ones are cheaper, and the plastic bit is green. The one I removed, and also the one I installed were both grey. I gather there are blue and black versions too, although I don't know which is the most recent. The grey one I bought from the dealer about 6 months ago had part no. 06A919501A. Sounds like you know what you're doing, but this might help all the same (plug, plug!)

As an afterthought, recent concensus on here seems to be that you should replace the thermostat housing at the same time. The housing and sensor come as a package, and don't cost much more than the sensor alone. There's obviously a bit more work involved, but it's not that much harder AFAIK! :thumbup:

HTH