BAAArp or Beep

Guest parsko

Guest parsko

I think the horn on my Roomy is puny, are you Roomster owners happy with yours just wondering if they are supposed to be like that or if my horn is faulty.

So, simple question, Does your Roomy go BAAArp or Beep?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had my fabia a few days when this bloke pulled out in front of me,i went mental with him swearing at him then i 'hit' the horn....the most girly beep i've ever heard came from my car.

i nearly died of shame and have never used it since !!!

I like the look of that, did you fit a relay or just wire it direct?

Where on the Roomster is the original horn fitted?

Any pictures of the Airmaster fitted to your car?

Cheers.:D

Just fitted directly to the original place (even the Bosch horn is little big than the original, but it's OK), without relay. Great sound! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Does your Roomy go BAAArp or Beep?

I had already tried the horn when a driver pulled out left (and fast) from her cul-de-sac, looking right, as I was committed to overtaking parked cars on our road. I could see her entering the crunch zone in seconds. The horn did have the desired effect but was a surprise!

Today, husband, myself and 16 year old plus her friend called for another friend so we got him to beep the horn outside her house.

Result: 5 of us in fits of laughter and the verdict: it sounds like Mr Toad - poop, poop! :rofl:

• 2 months later...

I did a bit of poking about today and found the puny horn on my roomster cowering behind the blanking panel inboard of the N/S fog light.

Told it good n proper shape up or ship out. It didn't make any difference, that horn will soon be history!

My Fabia 1.2 had a diaphragm horn with a terrible sound! :rofl:

Pretty sure my wife's MPi Comfy has a proper two-tone jobbie like mine as well - maybe the crappy ones were a cost-cutting measure in later versions?

Just fitted directly to the original place (even the Bosch horn is little big than the original, but it's OK), without relay. Great sound! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Do you mind saying where you bought it? I've been Googling furiously and the only one I could find was on fleaBay in the Phillipines

TIA

John

Do you mind saying where you bought it? I've been Googling furiously and the only one I could find was on fleaBay in the Phillipines

TIA

John

I've bought from the Bosch Car service in Istanbul, it was approx. 35 Euro.

There must be Bosch Car Services... ;)

I hope this helps... Car Service, MOT and car repairs - Bosch UK

Fitted the Nautilus today, I wanted to make it quick to fit and remove so I bonded the relay to the side of the horn compressor and then wired the whole thing up prior to fitting, this would make removal easy and quick.

After removing the existing excuse for a horn I removed the multiplug connection by drilling the connection rivets and threw away the horn. I then soldered the switching wires for the relay to the multiplug and connected it to the car harness.

I then put the nautilus horn earth onto its mounting bolt along with 2 nuts and this was then screwed into the existing mounting point 1 nut was used to lock the bolt in place and then after hanging the nautilus on the bolt the other nut was then tightened to hold the whole unit in place the bat +ve was then passed up to the battery and connected through a 20 amp fuse.

Nautilus pack made up with relay bonded to side and pre wired

25102007056.jpg

Original removed showing mount

27102007064.jpg

Terminal multiplug removed from original horn

27102007061.jpg

Terminal block soldered to relay switching lead

27102007062.jpg

Nautilus mounted

27102007066.jpg

Connected to battery +ve inline fuse shown above maxi fuse holders

27102007067.jpg