Guest parsko

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest parsko

OK I think I need to explain myself here. When I fitted my Nautilus it said the current draw was 16 amps. I checked the horn position (47) in my Roomster fuse box a 15 amp had been fitted, as this was below the horn current draw I decided to fit the supplied relay. However after reading the above post I checked my handbook and found there should be a 20 amp fuse for the horn in position 47 and NOT a 15 amp as had been fitted to my car.

It would seem therefore that a relay is not strictly necessary but I would advise you check your fuse box just to confirm it has the correct fuse fitted.

Sorry if I have misled anyone.

Bosch Airmaster works fine without relais since 16 months with the original fuse on Roomster.

And we need to use the horn very frequent in Turkey... :(

Just fitted my Nautilus.

I was expecting a nice loud horn noise but not the "BIG TRUCK COMING THROUGH! MOVE OR GET CRUSHED" I seem to now have!

Awesome!

:rofl: :rofl:

• 2 months later...

Nautilus has been fitted! Was quite late in the evening when I finished, so haven't had an opportunity to test it. Will try at the parking lot next to the office where I work. See how many people have to be re-animated afterwards...

Or me, should I find out the damn thing is wired incorrectly:P

Yes, I think I may just have been lucky on that day. I suspect it wouldn't be the first pricing error to happen in halfords...

By the sounds of it Decron has the truck version, as mine gives a nice twin tone. At least people don't laugh any more!:thumbup:

And we need to use the horn very frequent in Turkey... :(

And not only you :D!

About the horn - I haven`t noticed a strange noise...it sounds like a normal horn :P. But sometimes I wish I had a few truck horns mounted on my Roomie :rolleyes::D. Best wishes!

Got my first test case only one day after installing the horn; a littly boy with a plastic orange bullhorn.

He was standing in the front yard of his home, shouting at anything moving. One of those objects happened to be a red Roomster. And that one responded..

..the boy must have been the first five-year old with a heart attack...:rofl:

• 5 months later...

The 'how to' pictures have disappeared from this thread, so i have a quick question.

I understand the horn is behind the nearside foglight housing. How to I get the housing off? Is it just a yank hard job, or will that break something?

The missus has vetoed a Nautilus, so have settled on a Stebel Magnum. Anything has to be an improvement over the standard fit one though!

TIA

Rich

Edited by richard_jerome

The 'how to' pictures have disappeared from this thread, so i have a quick question.

I understand the horn is behind the nearside foglight housing. How to I get the housing off? Is it just a yank hard job, or will that break something?

The missus has veto-ed a Nautilus, so have settled on a Stebel Magnum. Anything has to be an improvement over the standard fit on though!

TIA

Rich

just pull the grill off

Decron, the piccy was lovely!! I ordered a Roomster toy for No. 1 grandson, actually before he was born - my daughter wasn't letting on the sex of the newbie, but thanks to a freudian slip I gathered it was a sprog (as opposed to a sprogette) so ordered one. All I'm waiting for now is his first birthday, at which time I'll post a picture of my own.

John

Decron, the piccy was lovely!! I ordered a Roomster toy for No. 1 grandson, actually before he was born - my daughter wasn't letting on the sex of the newbie, but thanks to a freudian slip I gathered it was a sprog (as opposed to a sprogette) so ordered one. All I'm waiting for now is his first birthday, at which time I'll post a picture of my own.

John

They are quite big for a 1 year old and quite heavy too but they seem really well made althought the turning circle is shocking:rofl:. Make sure you put the steering wheel together properly too, I nearly had a little problem when mine pinched a little finger.... :o

For the fitting of this, is it a question of undoing a few bolts and unclipping/clipping a few wire connections? I dont want to do anything i cant finish with limited tools and limited knowledge :o

For the fitting of this, is it a question of undoing a few bolts and unclipping/clipping a few wire connections? I dont want to do anything i cant finish with limited tools and limited knowledge :o

There were photos on how to in this thread but they seem to have gone :(

It's really not that complicated, all you really have to do is use the exisiting connection (It will run ok on the one fitted without the relay) to power it and find a decent way of mounting it (It's a bit like a 3d jigsaw in the hole with the new horn)