What to buy in the USA?

yaktrebor

Meguiars cleaning stuff, any smaller electrical stuff - iPods etc. PS3?! Depends on budget, of course :)

They'd be my choices. And a Peloquin LSD perhaps, just stick that away in a corner of the case? ;):rofl:

Steve

I've bought a camera and plenty of clothes in the past, but nothing automotive.

I was thinking of Meguiars cleaning stuff, as someone posted the other day about it.

I'm not great at car cleaning, so what is the best/easiest stuff to get?

Also, you can get a Sony PlayStation 3 60GB System for $499.99. about £250.00!:eek:

Find an Old Navy store and empty suitcase of Jeans, T-shirts etc, and replace with new @ approx $2 for £1 you can bring back more new clothes than you took old.

BEWARE bringing anything electrical unless it has a 110-240v switch, USA have 110v .

I'm not great at car cleaning, so what is the best/easiest stuff to get?

Also, you can get a Sony PlayStation 3 60GB System for $499.99. about £250.00!:eek:

Meguiars - depends what you want to keep clean! If just basic washing, some NXT or Gold Class shampoo, one of their drying towels, wheel brush etc

Personally, I'd be after Quick Detailing Spray, some more work towels, Edurance Tyre Gel, plus some other stuff - but then I'm a bit obsessive and this is the stuff I'm getting low on :rofl:

PS3s - tell me about it :( Can't believe Sony haven't dropped the price here as well :mad:

Steve

You may need extra luggage weight allowance for bringing back a peloquin :D

I recommend bringing back automotive gauges if you fancy any. Good value over there, especially digital ones.

Jeans are a good option - always expensive over here. Just remember to not have any receipts, and take stuff out of packaging before bringing - in case customs get wise to anything. ;)

Seconded, where are you going, I have a contact that runs a perfromance car centre in Orlando, a little discount and excellent exchange rate makes things mondo cheap.

Don't forget their leccy kit is 110V so plan for that if your bringing anything back, I always go out with a bag weighing around 5 kg and come back with 2 weighing in at around 30kg :)

I am off on the 11th and am bringing some items back for a couple of peeps (no names no pack drill) ;) and will be blagging a couple of DS's for the nippers and some PS3 stuff as well as my Supercharger

over here in calgary our local shop is doing 60gb ps3's for 450 canadian. current exchange rate is 2.15. do the maths!! as soon as the new gran turismo is out the credit card is toast!

Mark

Leatherman

:iagree:

though obviously make sure you bring it back in your "checked in" luggage

don't forget that the prices you see on tickets in the shops will probably be pre-tax

I'm off to Roanoke, Virginia.

I've been going at least twice a year for about the last 6 years.!:eek:

But like I said, I have never bought any automotive stuff.

So far I have bought loads of clothes, a watch, a camera, oh, and Yankee Candles for SWMBO. They really do bump up the weight of the suitcase.

The trouble I have, is that I have been going for so long, that sometimes I can't be bothered going shopping at all! I've even given up on duty free.

That's why I am looking for inspiration.

The suggestions so far have been great.

Keep them coming.:thumbup:

And you'll start to get requests asking for large boxes of 'business samples' to be sent across the pond! :D;)

Nudge nudge, wink wink etc

me and my big mouth! :)

mark

another thing I got for much cheapness in the US were Cross Pens

Stylish rollerball/ ball point pens which cost about £30 each here, I got a 5-pack of them for $50 in the airport duty free type shop (they seem to cost $30 each on the website - the Classic Century ones)

I have seen quite a few posts about what poeple have brought back from the USA and as I'm off to there in a few weeks, I was wondering, what are the best things to bring back?

Also worth considering are medicines, as you can ibuprofen, paracetamol etc in packs of 500 rather than the packs of 8 we can get here.

I'm not suggesting you take them all at once, but it's nice not to run out so often.