Cheap but fun private trackday - Sat 15th Sept

corradoboy

I organise a trackday for my old Subaru club twice a year. As I'm now a Skoda owner I've decided to open it up to you guys. It's at Blyton Park, 10 miles south of Scnuthorpe, home of rallying team Rallydrive.

For full details see this link for the current day....CLICKY...

...and for more detailed information have a look at last times link....CLICKY.

Lots of pics and vids on the links to tempt you all :D

UKDTrack.jpg[/img]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cost/price?

And I quote from the second link:

As before, this is a non-profit event organised purely for the fun and enjoyment of Scooby and other performance car owners, and the costs are to be shared equally and hence the price cannot be finalised until the day when we know exactly how many are there. As an example, if we have...

20 cars it will be

Everyone welcome. As Wardy says, the price is equally shared and the day is non-profit. It has simply been a fun day for the Subaru club I am in, no vendors, exhibitors, no officials or marshals, and hence very cheap. It is an excellent way to introduce yourself to track driving as there is no fear of some idiot loosing it and taking 4 other cars out into a corner because we only allow 5 cars on at a time, and run a strict no overtaking rule. If you catch someone up you don't harass them or try to bully past, you slow down, create a gap and then carry on, safely. The track is usually open from 8.30-9am and closes sometime between 4.30 and 6pm depending on the owner on the day, and there is usually no problem getting all the track time you want. As most bring their road cars which are their pride and joys, the tend to do 5-10 laps and then come in to give the car a rest. We also have lots of friendly chit-chat and banter in the gazebo and have the BBQ running from mid-morning onwards.

Any more info, please ask !

• 2 weeks later...
can i do it on my gsxr ?:confused:

it would be like nuremberg all over again "hopefully without the gravelrash and wheelbarrow home

I'd predict that will involve rather a lot of slowing down and waiting to create a gap unless you have a GSXR250 (they do exist, trust me ;) )

How far is Sxunthorpe from Birmingham? I might be up for this.

DoH, it doesn't look like all the places will be filled this time. I think the Scooby lot are getting boring as we had the full 35 last time and was the best day we've ever had. If you could let me know ASAP, but preferably within 2 weeks of the event. If there are places available you could just turn up on the day though.

Gathy, sorry mate, no bikes are allowed at the venue, and the safety concerns of having bikes on track with cars makes it a no-no from me as organiser. The track is very, very twisty, so I doubt your lightness and power would benefit you.

im definately up for it and i have a couple of mates in preston (Supra turbo and 206GTi with TBs) who might be, if you need more numbers and want the invitation extended

edit: I could also mention it on zroadster.net. Nice bunch of people (ive met them) and probably one or two might come (one of the mods with a supercharged z3 lives in yorks)

TJ, you and you're friends are more than welcome, and please do publicise it wherever decent car enthusiasts lie. The club I organise it for have had their crack at the whip and if they're losing interest in actually driving the cars they're passionate about then maybe it's time they bought Picasso's. This is probably going to be the last one I organise for the time being, so come along and enjoy it whilst you can.

I'd appreciate deposits from people, details on how on the Scoobynet clicky's on the top post.

Nope, places still available. Click to view the Scoobynet thread and post 2 shows the attendance list. The Scooby crowd have been slow on the uptake this time so it may be the last one I organise, so enjoy it whilst it's there. The cheapest, safest and most fun you can have with your car, I guarantee it !

ap0gee, yes that's the place.

Tripper, the LADS are invited, as are (almost) all on Scoobynet. Just seems the current Scooby owning crowd only want to clean, polish and show off their cars instead of drive them. They might as well have Ford Ka's if that's the case. Your funds are pending at PayPal but I'll add you to the attendance list, cheers.