start by getting an old cat from the scrappy and knocking the guts out of it. this coupled with a good air filter to improve breathing will add more bhp than an off the shelf "performance" exhaust

cheers steve

i dont run a cat on moral grounds. it makes the engine work harder and burn more fuel, there for more pollution. the % might be less but the total volume of exhaust is more. i dont know the fine details but me old man does, and he said some thing about a cat takes out one gas, and replaces it with one thats just as harmfully.

thanks guys your help is appreceited, has anyone got any idea what size the pipe i shoud be looking for in getting and exhaust back box? not sure if its 4" or 2" or if anyone knows a good one thats worth getting let me know.

i just had a new back box fitted , it sounds louder but only slightly may get silencer removed but cant be bothered yet.

what one did you go for, i need a little list of compatible products to go for, i am determined to buy one before the weekends out

sorry i should have said the shop is named player cars.

the guy is autobase's rival and they wont bring buisness his way!

its in the high street.

what are you doing tomorrow morning tindocat?

PM me if you wanna meet up, ill show you where lewis's shop is!

sorry i should have said the shop is named player cars.

the guy is autobase's rival and they wont bring buisness his way!

its in the high street.

what are you doing tomorrow morning tindocat?

PM me if you wanna meet up, ill show you where lewis's shop is!

Yeah spoke to them on the phone today and gonna go over there tommorow as going to tides,

its ok i will find it , cant be that hard to find. Thanks for the offer though but my mum always said never speak to men in strange cars or was it strange men in cars? haha

hopefully should get a good deal ;-)

hahaha

yes im very strange.

I thought you'd say that anyway. It was expected!

Lewis who's me quite well, so he may ask if u know me.

Im Chris if he asks.

well went there today and have booked myself in to get a scorpian exhaust which they will customise to fit for my car, gonna cost

Ok i have had a look about and seen this

Performance Stainless Exhaust Back Boxes. Universal on eBay Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (item 8052534779 end time 23-Aug-07 15:21:06 BST)

looks good for the money and various options of sizes ect..

for performance outline POLY-Zhaust BENEFITS looks good am i right in thinking this may be a decent universal exhaust?

It apparently has one international awards ?

below is the advertised diagrams on the ebay page but am totally unsure which model would suit my felicia i would like the twin exhaust one but not sure on what model size?

polyzhaust2my.jpg

i may be wrong but i do not think a CAT is actually a requirement for cars of a certain age, reglardless of if they had one from factory or not. I think 1999 is the maximum year of manufacture you can permantly de-cat.

as long at it passes emmisions either way i dont see the problem here?????

will need to check this because i would like to do mine .