Rear mudflaps pics

Has anyone got the pics on either how to do it, or a pic of a car with them on (pref black VRS)

The pics on the 'How to' thread dont come up!

I can work better from pics that text!

Just buy them,

take out of packet,

look where they need to fit,

see that the plastic lip around the rear bumper is too thick,

trim plastic lip,

warm mud flaps with boling hot water,

do the screws up.

Job done without even taking the wheels off!

Well thanks for that!

I kinda got the jist off the 'How to' link....

What im after is a pic of a car with them on before i buy them, ok i will get them cheap as i work at a dealer, but i dont wanna cut my car for the sake of it, if i dont like em!

An even easier solution is to buy mark 4 Golf rear flaps, they fit on without any trimming!!!!!

I have no pics of my old one on this computer, but I'll post some up tomorrow evening!

Just out of curiosity where did you get them from they look ok actualy not sort out of place not to keen on cutting bits of though, seen them on ebay made in hong kong so dont know what sort of quality they are going to be, probably self destruct the first puddle i hit, or fly off through some pooor b,,,,,,,s windscreen

Just out of curiosity where did you get them from they look ok actualy not sort out of place not to keen on cutting bits of though, seen them on ebay made in hong kong so dont know what sort of quality they are going to be, probably self destruct the first puddle i hit, or fly off through some pooor b,,,,,,,s windscreen

If you're referring to mine, ie. ming, then these are the standard flaps from Skoda dealers. There's no problem fitting provided you trim off the return flange on the rear valance till its flush with the original bumper. BTW when the flap is in position the cut off portion is no longer visible, so there's no cosmetic issue.

Ming thanks for that they look good on your car i must admit, i might get some now you have pointed that issue out , That corner of the car really suffers when it rains or the roads are damp tends to get fine grit sitting on the paintwork,

No disrespet to the ones on ebay or the ones fitted that were for the mark4 golf but if skoda do them then i will have a look, they are probably all very similar, i have seen the ones on the mark4 golf loads of times and the fit is perfect like its part of the bodywork,

Ming thanks for that they look good on your car i must admit, i might get some now you have pointed that issue out , That corner of the car really suffers when it rains or the roads are damp tends to get fine grit sitting on the paintwork,

No disrespet to the ones on ebay or the ones fitted that were for the mark4 golf but if skoda do them then i will have a look, they are probably all very similar, i have seen the ones on the mark4 golf loads of times and the fit is perfect like its part of the bodywork,

Just a point; the close-up pic is a bit of an illusion - you'd think there was a large gap between flap and valance but in fact the fit is very snug. You won't be disappointed. BTW, a pair only cost around

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys.

Looking to fit some mudflaps to the rear of the Wifes fabia Vrs and don't really want to cut the bumper.

Does anyone have any pics of how well the VW Golf MkIV ones fit.

TIA.

EDIT:

Has anyone that has trimmed the rear valance had any subsequent issues such as paint peeling?

Hi Guys.

Looking to fit some mudflaps to the rear of the Wifes fabia Vrs and don't really want to cut the bumper.

Does anyone have any pics of how well the VW Golf MkIV ones fit.

TIA.

EDIT:

Has anyone that has trimmed the rear valance had any subsequent issues such as paint peeling?

No.

Peeling? Can't envisage that being an issue, ever!