Superb...which one

We are thinking of buying a 2007 face lifted model superb elegance 1.9 diesel (115) any views, we tried the 2.5 V6 auto and was very disappointed with performance and anticipated MPG. Any one bought and happy unhappy with performance and/or mpg. We at present run a 2005 Octavia 2.0 fsi. Any views please. Roy and Val

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments which were interesting we actually placed the order this afternoon for the face lift model superb 1.9 diesel manual in elegence trim, we drove it and it seemed fine and brisk enough for us. Hope we don't regret it and wish we had bought the v6. thanks again

Thanks for the comments which were interesting we actually placed the order this afternoon for the face lift model superb 1.9 diesel manual in elegence trim, we drove it and it seemed fine and brisk enough for us. Hope we don't regret it and wish we had bought the v6. thanks again

I bought a silver 2.0TDI facelifted model in elegance trim in April this year to replace my old 03 plate 'comfort' superb. I think the new style wheels on the facelifted elegance model make the car look fantastic - and the 17" wheels seem to make the cars suspension set up seem a bit less wallowy too- all in all, much better than my old comfort model.

I hope you enjoy your new car (I think you will!!)

What colour did you go for?

Gordon

Hi Gordon, we bought the Cappuccino with Ivory leather interior, the new 1.9 engine just introduced in 115 bhp format seemed when we drove it quick enough and the stated mpg seemed very acceptable too. We pick the car up on Wednesday 5th September from Mitchells in Chester. Will let you know our experiences. thanks for all your replies. Roy and Val

Thanks everyone, what a nice message forum this is. It reminds me of our Saturday mornings at Mitchells in Chester. Everyone buying a new or used, Lexus, Skoda or Mazda get their car cleaned for free. The company have a very nice customer lounge that overlooks the showroom area and they have available coffee, tea, biscuits. jammy doughnuts.mmmmm yummy eveyone meets their for coffee and stuff while waiting for their cleaned car to be returned to them. It is a nice way to spend an hour on a Staurday morning before going shopping round the corner at Cheshire Oaks and of course all have a story to tell about their cars. Thanks Roy and Val

Hi Gordon, we bought the Cappuccino with Ivory leather interior, the new 1.9 engine just introduced in 115 bhp format seemed when we drove it quick enough and the stated mpg seemed very acceptable too. We pick the car up on Wednesday 5th September from Mitchells in Chester. Will let you know our experiences. thanks for all your replies. Roy and Val

a great colour,i ordered my new fabia last September in Cappuccino.12 months on it still looks great !!

btw great car your getting !!

I ideally when I was looking wanted a 1.9TDI, but could only afford my 2.5TDI of which I was a bit hesitant about, mainly about MPG and just the thought of a 2.5 litre engine sounded daunting.

The mpg is more than acceptable, the performance for such a lead weight is excellent, and the sound alone of the engine was worth the money.

Best choice of all IMO.

Good luck anyhow..

Paul

I have a 2007 2.5TDI, also in Capuccino. MPG over its initial 5 months has averaged 34.5 MPG, with an average journey length around 20 miles. In that respect it is about 2MPG better than the Merc 220CDI that it replaced, even though the numbers on paper are worse. Performance is a huge improvement on the Merc, as is comfort and almost everything else I can think of, particularly legroom!

We've got a 2007 MY 2.0TDI Elegance. Fantastic car.... I'd personally go for a more powerful diesel than the 115 - it's a big car and that additional torque really helps! If you shop around they are very cheap at 6 months old...

We've got a 2007 MY 2.0TDI Elegance. Fantastic car.... I'd personally go for a more powerful diesel than the 115 - it's a big car and that additional torque really helps! If you shop around they are very cheap at 6 months old...

Not sure dealers (franchise and non franchise) see them as cheap. Check on Autotrader for SE England > 1 yr old auto Superb throws up prices like this which is

We looked at the large motor markets but to be honest we like the security of dealing with a local Skoda dealer and Mitchells of Chester is our local dealer and we feel very comfortable dealing with them.

They were really good when our present Octavia decided to throw the contents of its 6 speed gearbox all over the Cheshire countryside with only a few thousand miles on the clock, it is at times like that you are pleased you have perhaps paid a few hundred pounds more in return for a quality service.

We did feel we haggled and got a good price for the new car and a reasonable price for our present car, I think I have accepted a long time ago that motor cars are certainly a depreciating asset.

We get the new car tomorrow yepppeeeeeeee we will keep you posted. Val is hoping they are a nice bunch of flowers too lol

We looked at the large motor markets but to be honest we like the security of dealing with a local Skoda dealer and Mitchells of Chester is our local dealer and we feel very comfortable dealing with them.

They were really good when our present Octavia decided to throw the contents of its 6 speed gearbox all over the Cheshire countryside with only a few thousand miles on the clock, it is at times like that you are pleased you have perhaps paid a few hundred pounds more in return for a quality service.

We did feel we haggled and got a good price for the new car and a reasonable price for our present car, I think I have accepted a long time ago that motor cars are certainly a depreciating asset.

We get the new car tomorrow yepppeeeeeeee we will keep you posted. Val is hoping they are a nice bunch of flowers too lol

I agree - there's a lot to be said for a good relationship with a good dealer - they are just very few and far between - not just Skoda, but all marques suffer this.

And yes - unless you have an AC Cobra, and F40, 50 or 246 Dino, a DB4,5 or 6, a McLaren F1 or some other piece of motoring exotica, cars just depreciate - so the front-end cost is really important.

Anyway - good luck and let us know how the car performs - and post some piccies too!

Absolutely haggle... but buy outside the "official" route and despite the EU rules, you'll risk warranty issues - buy from a dealer and you'll get a better service, or at least support from a good one.... and you'll get a car that's run in! 30/30?

These are UK dealers and UK warranty. The annoying thing is that the brokers get around