First 500 miles in new vRS

Now done just over 500 miles in our vRS TDi estate since Saturday.

First impressions:-

Perfect!

No rattles or shakes.

Nice and quiet.

According to the computer it is much more econmical than my 150 bhp CDTi Astra.

Handles like its on rails.

Cruise control is just fab as is climate control.

No more stupid Astra indicators! (You would need to have driven one to appreciate that!)

Looks great in race blue.

Nice grippy carpet in the boot so stuff stays where you put it.

Even the kids at school think Sir has a cool car!!!

Still to face the big test next weekend when we hitch up the caravan, but happy it will do the job well.

Still to face the big test next weekend when we hitch up the caravan, but happy it will do the job well.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo - Don't do it!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Glad you are enjoying it :thumbup:

Sirs car might be cool right up to the point where the tin snail gets bolted to the back. Then the tables turn!! :P

Enjoy the car, and hope it treats you well (despite the caravan)! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Now got 1200 miles on the clock AND has had a go at towing the caravan!

For those of you who are interested in the towing performance ....

Towed approximately 60 miles from our home in North East Aberdeenshire, down to Royal Deeside. Mostly single carriageway, but a couple of bursts of dual carriageway (discounting the Aberdeen ring road!).

Will tow happily at 60 in 6th gear, with power to spare. 5th great from 45up. Stability perfect despite gusty winds.

No tyre scrabble at all, I was worried about this as a test of the vRS by Which Caravan had mentioned this, but even on a steep pick away on a damp road it was fine.

Economy according to the computer, 38mpg on the way there, though had driven solo for a bit first which no doubt boosted it. Towing straight off on the way home was 28 mpg, which was for a blast along Deeside and through Aberdeen.

Only towed half way back as we were dropping the 'van at Dyce for its annual service, will collect it one day after school this week so can have another crack at towing with it then.

Looking forward to alonger tow during the October half term which will include some, in fact a lot, of motorway work.

Overall can highly recommend it for towing.

I was enjoying your report, right up to the time you mentioned the 'wobble box'!

You obviously enjoy the caravan but they don't work for me. This is probably due to the fact that I live on the edge of the Lake District and from Easter to October it's playing leap frog where ever you go.

I am due to pick my Vrs in 6 weeks. Hope it's a nice as yours sounds. Enjoy!

Yes we love Deeside.

We often weekend in the Caravan Clubs beautiful sites at Banchory (Silverbank) and Braemar (The Invercauld). Since we live in a seaside town we like the contrast of being inland in the mountains.

Anyway, caravan is serviced so off down to Dyce tomorrow afternoon after school to collect it.

Glad to hear things are going well.

Have mine 8 months now and while I have done low mileage the only issue I have had is the stupid rear seat release clips started to rattle...Happened the first time I pushed the seats forward...over the summer, to transport a lawnmower. Sometimes when it's wet I think I can hear the rear suspension make noise over ramps but think that is my imagination brought on by reading about the noisy suspension issue on these forums.

Overall it's the most problem free car I have ever had. The last RS I had (02 model) while relatively problem free compared to the Alfa I had before it, still had stupid niggles like lights going, sensor on both front doors dying, fuel gauge packing it in etc..