Dealer Verses Me Tomorrow

I will be meeting the main man at the dealer to sought out a full refund ( I hope ) tomorrow.The dealer has had 5 weeks to fix the oil in the water coolant problem and to be honest I have lost faith in the car. The service manager has had the car for the weekend to test the car out.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/photographs-water-coolant/88553/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/help-needed-asap-oil-coolant-tank/86862/

hope you get your money back

also don't lose faith in having a Fabia VRS , you seem to have been very unlucky with the one you bought , which i feel must of had this problem before you bought it ,

we have a Ford Galaxy in the workshop at present which keeps going into limp mode (PD engined) turbo VNT sticking causing overboost fault code , the customer bought it off us secondhand , but you could deffo say the problem was occuring before our dealership got it as a trade in to sell

Yes you have the courtesy car but don't give it back til they offer another car to replace if that is what you want.

It is their problem not yours in the first place, so why should you not have a car?. I know which dealer you are on about but I think it is time now to play hard ball and don't back off.

Best of luck mate.

Good luck with the Hyundai, have you read the post on here where another members getz destroyed a set of tyres in less than 7K miles to the point of them being illegal and the dealer can find nothing wrong, so they are not immune from problems either.

Just got back from the dealer and.................................. and the car is now fully fixed, the dealer test drove it all weekend with just water in the coolant no ant-freeze and no oil leak. I tried for a full refund but the dealer said no refund because the car is now fixed. But I did get two new back tyres free. Decided this will be my lat Skoda because I am disappointed with the new Fabia being the same interior as the Roomster.

I would recommend giving the vRS a chance. If you still don't like it though then I have no problems in recommending a hyundai. I had the 1.6 Getz for about 9 months before I got the vRS and it was completely trouble free. My mum now owns the getz and I bought the fabia vRS. Main reason for changing was the desire for better fuel consumption and cruise control. I bought the fabia second hand and got cruise fitted by one of the forum members.

If I had the choice I wouldnt go back to the hyundai from the vRS however, the hyundai dealership and service center were far more helpful than my local Skoda!

Goodluck with whichever one you choose

Just got back from the dealer and.................................. and the car is now fully fixed, the dealer test drove it all weekend with just water in the coolant no ant-freeze and no oil leak. I tried for a full refund but the dealer said no refund because the car is now fixed. But I did get two new back tyres free. Decided this will be my lat Skoda because I am disappointed with the new Fabia being the same interior as the Roomster.

Did they tell you what was wrong.

That's your only reason?

What difference does that make?

I jumped from a Roomster into a Fabia and the only way I could tell the difference was the Roomster was bigger. I don't mind the cars sharing the same nose but a bit more effort would have been nice on the interior.

suggest that you read this to see your rights Consumer Direct - Cars

and if you can ,try to get a Trading Standards Inspector to come with you on the visit

that normally will frighten the garage ,as they need to explain directly to the Inspector ,why they haven't sorted your problem out ( only problem is that its short notice this time as you are going tomorrow )

Fingers crossed its ok.

Is the coolant nice and pink?

Give the Fabia a chance, its a brilliant car really - you really have just been unfortunate with yours.

If its now fixed, then whats the problem? If it reoccurs then I'd be demanding money back.