black vs yella vRS dilema

Yella Fella

ok guys,

i have boiled it down to a few vRS' and here's the low down on choices... oh and given that i need my car weekends i will find it hard selling it privately

there is a private black one for £9400 at 14000 miles on 06 plate

a yella one for £10500 at 17000 miles on 55 plate (06) with xenon and 6 disc changer with quite a high trade in for my car

and finally a black one for £10790 at 6000 miles ish on 56 plate with a low trade in for mine... hmmm which to go for. Im leaning more towards this one, but very tempted with yella one, just thinking resell value later.

to be fair im not much of a black car fan but i know cost of it will keep more later on. Not sure what to do, im tempted to push for a bit more for the yella one if i can

and when it comes to resell value, we're all gonna lose a bit once the new vRS comes out on the new fabia...so either one would be fair enough....just unsure WHY the older one only 200 less than one a year newer with fewer miles....the black one in good condition? being sold by skoda or some small garage?

hmmm....gotta push for a discount on the 55 plate then if ur interested...especially if coming from another skoda garage..

when i bought mine, i watched a guy talk the salesman down by 900 on a used black fabia vRS, specifically as Skoda were selling a newer one with less miles for about the same...

if both being sold by skoda, the yellow one should be about the 9995 mark IMO

Go with the Yello one!

Picture the scene:

You've just come out of Donnigton Park, you're faced with a sea of cars. Hundreds of red, hundreds of black, hundreds of blue.... silver .... green (you get the picture) and 2 yellow!!

The number of people I passed on my way to my car who couldn't find theirs made me chuckle.

Buy it for that reason alone!!

Picture the scene:

You've just come out of Donnigton Park, you're faced with a sea of cars. Hundreds of red, hundreds of black, hundreds of blue.... silver .... green (you get the picture) and 2 yellow!!

The number of people I passed on my way to my car who couldn't find theirs made me chuckle.

Buy it for that reason alone!!

I thought it was old people that forgot where they parked :)

i just rung garage up about the black vRS again, and asked if they would discount if paid in cash and he said no... if anything he was welcoming my trade in for my car lol... thought they be happy to pay in cash... but to be fair

56 reg, 10690, 6000 miles black or 3000 miles on silver one is a pretty good deal

go yellow it's got xenons, Have both a yellow & black car in household both equally hard to keep clean.

But we've never lost the yellow one in a carpark!!

And if the worst ever happens and you have a bump, The other guy can't say "sorry mate i never saw you"

Dont worry about residuals either , it will only be a matter of a few hundred pounds , and the longer you keep it , the smaller the gap between a Black/Silver car and a Yellow cars value will become. Just go with the colour you want , surely thats worth an extra couple of hundred if you really want it?!

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

get the yellow

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mine is Yellow, and at first I was unsure

Now I love it, and if you go to the Skoda UK site and play with the colour car thingy, you may find that yellow stands out from the crowd and pleases the eye

Black/Silver is the new "Ford Clitoris" of early nineties fame

don't worry about the yellow not being metallic - who ever heard of metallic yellow ?

I'm presuming it's the bright, sprint yellow of newer cars - and not the paler "Lemon Yellow" from earlier cars - go for it !

I would have liked a yellow one - I think it suits the car really well - but SWMBO didn't want to be so conspicous

Sprint Yellow :

UsedCarImage.aspx?Id=501685560&defaultimage=skoda.net&width=345&height=226&view=1

Lemon Yellow (accoriding to the skoda.co.uk "used Car" description)

UsedCarImage.aspx?Id=501559787&defaultimage=skoda.net&width=345&height=226&view=1

have struggled to find a pic of lemon yellow which demonstrates its comparative pale/pastel - ness whan compared with the Sprint. - you really have to see them in the metal.