Show us yer bits

Guest parsko

Guest parsko
Does it run through the stereo?

No, it mutes the sterio. the mic and speaker are contained in the overhead unit.

The unit needs a live feed, ign feed, earth and a radio mute so it cant be rocket science. The A pillar covers had been removed so I presume the wiring runs to the back of the radio. I am not sure if there is a seperate control unit mounted elsewhere or if it is totally self contained.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it mutes the sterio. the mic and speaker are contained in the overhead unit.

The unit needs a live feed, ign feed, earth and a radio mute so it cant be rocket science. The A pillar covers had been removed so I presume the wiring runs to the back of the radio. I am not sure if there is a seperate control unit mounted elsewhere or if it is totally self contained.

Ah.

My Parrot kit runs the whole lot though the stereo

Guest parsko
Ah.

My Parrot kit runs the whole lot though the stereo

As did my original Nokia Ck7W and telemute setup, it was nice to get plenty of volume but annoyed me when the route guidance muted the radio if a good tune or traffic info was on.

Cant have it all i spose.

Why not just get a good handset with voice technology & a blue-tooth headset? Run you allot less & can use it in all cars you drive Rentals, Loaners, Spouses... My Sony's have had this same voice tech. for at least the last 7 years!

Guest parsko
Why not just get a good handset with voice technology & a blue-tooth headset? Run you allot less & can use it in all cars you drive Rentals, Loaners, Spouses... My Sony's have had this same voice tech. for at least the last 7 years!

I have a N95 and Jabre BT250v which I find is the only comfortable headset that wont fall off every 5 mins and wear it all day at work some shifts 11.5 hours and it gives me a pain in the ear, so I would rather not use it on days off. The advantage of a properly fitted bluetooth car kt is you dont have to do anything just start the car and go .....and remember to carry your phone.:D

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. How are the doorsill protectors attached to the sills? Is it a straightforward do-it-yourself job?

Doorsill protectors have adhesive tapes on the underside, just remove the foil...