Servicing Intervals for Octavia vRS

Andyhumble

When does Octavia vRS get serviced. The one I own is almost on 25,000 miles (bought it on 22,000) and has only been serviced once by the previous owner. I asked the Skoda garage when a service was due and they said "it could be any time. You have to wait until service light appears on the dash." They said it goes on the visquocety of the oil and how hard you have been driving it??????

The oil is black and I've never allowed any of my previous cars to go past 24,000 miles without being serviced twice.

When should I expect this light to appear on my dash???

Cheers, Andy

2 Options

1- Fixed Servicing every 10,000 miles

2- Variable service as indicated by the dashboard. The car tells you when it needs a service, but this does not mean you can't put it in early if you want.

Just make sure your dealer uses the correct oil for your service schedule, but if you DO convert to fixed using non-longlife oil you can't go back.

As an addendum to Geoff's first point' date=' even on fixed you also get the service indicator on the dash...just appears more predictably!

Rob.[/quote']

Mines just appeared at 47920 miles. Indicating service in 1000 miles.

The car's on fixed 10,000 mile interval and had it's last at 39800.

It's just making it up.

Or it's checking the oil as well as waiting for the next 10,000.

It's all a conspiracy. By getting the car to come in early each time they can squeeze in an extra service in the life of the car.

It's like pay rises. They always seem to be a month or later each year so after a couple of years they've saved themselves a bucketload.

Oh God... I sound like Leo Getz... "They **ck you at the service intervals! They **ck you at the payrises!"

Mines due at ~18750 according to the indicator but it shouldn't be due until 20000. The dealership said just ignore it!
Variable or fixed?

That's a good question. I bought it with 16k on the clock and the service record showed it had been serviced at 11k. Part of the purchase 'deal' was that the dealer didn't service it at the point of sale but did the 20k service for free. From those discussions I assumed it was on fixed service intervals but now I'm not so sure.

DaveH, get your dealer to hook their computer up to your car and check what service interval it is programmed for. They shouldn't just be guessing. Page 8 of the Octavia Service Schedule (ie your servicing record) explains fixed service intervals.

I must be mad. I had my RS 12 months and only did 4900 miles. And stuck it in for its first service. Basically an oil change. Long life oil as well. Now I have 11,000 up on it and it's 2 years old and its back in today for the 2yr or 20k mile service. Dealer wants 170 euros.

Waiting patiently for my second service, 34K so far, first variable interval popped up at 18K. What's the betting that half way round Brunters on Saturday it will ping up on the display?

Lee

So if you change your own oil between indicated services does that mean the service light will never come on? - Sounds a bit iffy to me.
No. Reread the reply from Skoda UK about variable servicing in this thread. Regardless, if you change the oil between variable services then you aren't exactly on a variable service regime any more, are you!?